Are you ready for some football?

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU nfl
earlier game wasn't on any channel I get and neither is the one happening now

comcast isn't even scrambling pay per view feeds or ondemand in my neighborhood...why do you think there would be compression?

they aren't very vigilant on updating things quite obviously so why would they have implemented compression on my network when they haven't even done the most basic of things?

from your link...the only channels I have in HD are the locals and I'm getting them over the wire not OTA
I believe Comcast is still passing locals through as is, without any extra compression. But I'll double check that.

well crap, i was having fun arguing with you. :(

:p

more from that thread

I have no way of knowing for sure what Comcast is doing with your local channels. Your local channels are most likely received via an antenna farm or a fiber connection with the local stations and then fed to the local headends.

The channels being discussed in this thread are national HD channels that have been sent through the CMC in Colorado via satellite, your local channels are not handled in the same way.

So, bottom line, if you're having issues with your local stations then it's a local issue and is not related to bfdtv's findings/subject of this thread.

If you do a scan and discover that Comcast is putting, say, your local ABC, NBC and CBS all in one 256QAM slot - 3-HD per slot - then I would contact the respective stations and see if it being done with their consent. I really doubt that is happening though.

woooo, falcons win...matty ice looked great and had a 106 passer rating and our 2nd string qb just scored a td in 2 minute drill to win the game with 9 seconds left on the clock

bears & broncos squaring off right now...should be a great game considering they traded qbs with each other during the off season

I am seeing a bit of blockage in the pic on this game because it's going up on satellite despite it being a local channel...there were none for the falcons game yesterday due to it being local...I'm going to get an antenna

Last edited:
Fantasy Draft was last night. I did a little bit of alright.

Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, JAC
Pierre Thomas, RB, NO
Dwayne Bowe, WR, KC
Kurt Warner, QB, ARI
Bernard Berrian, WR, MIN
Donald Driver, WR, GB
Steve Breaston, WR, ARI
Brett Favre, QB, MIN
Chester Taylor, RB, MIN
Tim Hightower, RB, ARI
Minnesota Vikings, D/ST, MIN
Muhsin Muhammad, WR, CAR