FYI April is out running her half marathon, watch live and cheer her on

It's brutal running when it's too hot. I ran the Comrades Marathon in South Africa once, a 55 mile race. The weather peaked at 36C but there were aid stations roughly every mile. I also ran in a 24 hour race on the hottest day in history here and got heat stroke. I barely remember the last few hours of that race.
Are you Pheidippides or did you just cheer him on?

That's why I'm glad the Columbus Marathon is in October because one of my friends uses it to qualify for the Boston marathon.
Yeah but history shows it doesn't matter much now :/ Chicago and MCM both ran hot between this year and last year. I'm switching to spring marathons to put the odd better in my favor for a PR, because summer marathon training for a hot race in the dead of fall = fuck me right in the face with a chainsaw.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and Peppers
How odd. I ran in 2 24 hour races, numerous 100km races 78 or 81 marathons (I forget) with a PB of 2.53 and was the organiser of the Rowell 6 day race, the British Open 48 hour race, the Round Britain Relay and various other races. I was one of the small group of people responsible for resurrecting ultra running in the UK and was also an adviser to the La Rochelle 6 day race and on the organising committee of the London marathon and a few other marathons. I also competed in the first Foster's Quadrathon, a 2 mile sea swim, 50km walk, 100 mile cycle and a full marathon, completed in iirc around 22 hours. I had a sports promotion and organisation company for a time and was friends with many, sort of famous, ultra runners from around the world, particularly Americans and French.
That's quite a lot for you to also disbelieve. Go for it.

Lol. Some medals and crap kicking around in the attic, maybe a few race programmes there too. Luckily, your disbelief doesn't impact on my own knowledge of what I've done over the years. You could search out a few Americans who would confirm what I say such as Ed Dodd from Pensaukken NJ, the organiser of the second modern 6 day race and author of a book about ultras, Don Choi from San Francisco who organised the first modern 6 day race, Jim Shapiro, author from New York who ran in my first 6 day. Maybe try Andy Milroy, the International Association of Ultrarunners statistician who was a friend back then and kept complete records of every ultra. Runners World mentioned me a few times in the mid 80's. Or, you could instead get off your arse and do something others might find too incredible to believe. No, thought not.

Lol. Some medals and crap kicking around in the attic, maybe a few race programmes there too. Luckily, your disbelief doesn't impact on my own knowledge of what I've done over the years. You could search out a few Americans who would confirm what I say such as Ed Dodd from Pensaukken NJ, the organiser of the second modern 6 day race and author of a book about ultras, Don Choi from San Francisco who organised the first modern 6 day race, Jim Shapiro, author from New York who ran in my first 6 day. Maybe try Andy Milroy, the International Association of Ultrarunners statistician who was a friend back then and kept complete records of every ultra. Runners World mentioned me a few times in the mid 80's. Or, you could instead get off your arse and do something others might find too incredible to believe. No, thought not.
its just blows my mind what the human body is capable of

The world record for 6 day running is about 110 miles a day for 6 days. It's something like 670 miles I think. When 6 day races were reinvented ( they were the largest spectator sport in the Victorian era) the record went 420 miles in 1980, 511 miles at my race in 1981,.576 miles at my race in 1982 and then a guy called Yiannis Kouros destroyed everyone and finally went further than the guys a hundred Yeats earlier. I think he's still the only man who's gone further than the old pedestrians did in the 1890s.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
How have you lead such a charmed life and @Dory is @Dory? :p