FYI April is out running her half marathon, watch live and cheer her on

Fuck you April !!!!

83d74cad649dc45dc3fe89caba42486e.jpg

How many times does she go out and back? That just seems like such a mindfuck course to me.
Worst course ever. Sand, skinny sidewalks, so many walkers, two bridges that we had to travel over twice, course looped on itself which is soul crushing at the halfway point... Have to do that again? Ugh.

They ran out of water at a few stations which is so fucking dangerous. So many people collapsed. No gel packs midway... Oh and where the fuck was the start line? It was a gun shot and that's it? Fuck what a waste. So everyone's official time was wrong. I forgot to turn off both of my GPS trackers too... Durrr

Never doing races run by Suzanne ever again. This was the second where everyone was completely disappointed.

Omg and because it was so hot we all had to sign a new waiver before starting the race. There were ambulances everywhere picking people up off the course and at the finish line. I have never seen so many people drop like flies at a race.

With all that said, I didn't PR. After the water ran out and the amount of ambulances, I still had three miles to go, so I walked almost the last 2.5, I think it was. Was not wanting to end up on a stretcher.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke and Amstel
They ran out of water?!?! That is so dangerous! Congratulations on finishing and being sensible at the same time.

They ran out of water?!?! That is so dangerous! Congratulations on finishing and being sensible at the same time.
They had it at the finish line, but when you need it the most during the last fourish miles, they didn't have it.

I pulled off and found a water fountain near a bathroom. Omg so dangerous. Those poor people.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Oh, and the signage was so terrible that some of the volunteers were telling people to go down the wrong street. And April ran up to us the wrong way before crossing the finish line because there was no volunteers or signage to tell people where to go when you entered the final stretch.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Christ what a shit show, I'm sorry. But you slugged it out and finished, which is baller.

My friends ran the marathon in Savannah this morning. Apparently within minutes of the sun coming out people stopped like flies. They black flagged the course when she was at mile 21.5. I'm glad they were safe, but gah this was not a good weekend for races ;/

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel