Apple < sleecawk < *

Bleh, I was really hoping for something good from Apple this time :( I had my wallet ready to go and buy a really nice MP3 player and what do I get? A fucking "headless" boring and useless player. BAH!

I'd rather spend a few bucks more (ok a lot of bucks) and get something like this. Smaller, same capacity and more features.
http://www.jensofsweden.com/MP400.asp?base=2

theacoustician said:
You could get double the performance for almost half the cost. I mean, Jesus, 32MB Vid Card? Who the fuck are they fooling? Video editing? Surely you jest. It doesn't even have a fucking DVD burner to offload the videos to.

I know the point to this : people like iPods and are now curious about Macs. Let's put one out there people can afford. This is a mistake and it will bite Apple in the ass.
now be fair; you can add the 80gb drive, dvd writer, and a gig of ram to make it an almost-acceptable media machine for only $1,124* (free shipping!).

*if you already have a keyboard, mouse, and monitor.

theacoustician said:
You could get double the performance for almost half the cost. I mean, Jesus, 32MB Vid Card? Who the fuck are they fooling? Video editing? Surely you jest. It doesn't even have a fucking DVD burner to offload the videos to.

I know the point to this : people like iPods and are now curious about Macs. Let's put one out there people can afford. This is a mistake and it will bite Apple in the ass.
look at the vast majority of Wintel systems in that price range and what kind of video card do they have? Some shared piece of shit.

Double my internet speeds? no
Double my email speeds? no
Double my music download speeds? no
Double my video editing speeds? in some areas, yes. Doing the actual splicing and mixing of clips wouldn't change, only the rendering speeds. And even there the only difference you'll notice is when you try to export for the final project or are working on some pretty big transitions, in which case you probably would be using a different system anyway.

DVD burner is an option. How many $500 PCs do you see with DVD burners built in?

Only time will tell as to whether this cannablizes Apple's sales of other low end products like the eMac.

Kabn said:
fixed.

some of us have gotten used to nearly-instantaneous responses from our computers. it pains us to downgrade.
I readily admit that 256mb of ram is paultry and that you'll need to upgrade to get decent response times. But the OS is just as responsive as XP with the right amount of ram and a fast enough processor.

theacoustician said:
This whole thing is retarded and should be closed.
Just because you're wrong doesn't mean we should erase the evidence.

theacoustician said:

Wrong. They will probably make a ton of money off the exact people that you are referring to, that think PC's are complicated and now have a very economical way to come into the user friendly (see: idiot) world of macs and one button mouses.

bast_imret said:
Wrong. They will probably make a ton of money off the exact people that you are referring to, that think PC's are complicated and now have a very economical way to come into the user friendly (see: idiot) world of macs and one button mouses.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

smileynev said:
Every post under the name "smileynev" in this thread.
Apple wants to sell a shitty box that you couldn't even give away if it were a PC. This is not the way to win the hearts and minds of users.

You're saying the above is an incorrect statement?

theacoustician said:
Apple wants to sell a shitty box that you couldn't even give away if it were a PC. This is not the way to win the hearts and minds of users.

You're saying the above is an incorrect statement?
Yes