Apple < sleecawk < *

b_sinning said:
I just noticed that. I bet it runs as good as the previous cubes.
The cubes ran great. They were just $1000 more then they needed to be.

smileynev said:
Portable MP3 players barely existed back them, save for the old Rio.
I'm speaking of the toaster they call a computer.

The flash drive is nothing special. Where is the LCD on it? Could it be that Apple hasn't learned a damn thing from the 1000 other different brands on the market?

Last edited:
i would never buy an mp3 player with less than 5GB of memory. the vast majority of early adopters i know regret buying a smaller player when they just started getting popular. price is close to comparable, though.

meh, i just got a dell with about three times that much power for $100 less. the only way i'd get that for a client is if they refused to get anything but a mac and didn't have enough money for a decent system.

theacoustician said:
I'm speaking of the toaster they call a computer.

The flash drive is nothing special. Where is the LCD on it? Could it be that Apple hasn't learned a damn thing from the 1000 other different brands on the market?
LCD = cost

smileynev said:
LCD = cost
My dad bought a 1 gig flash drive for $130 over the weekend. It has an LCD on it. What's Apple's excuse?

1.25 or 1.42GHz G4 processor, 40 or 80GB hard drive, a slot-loading CD-R/DVD-ROM optical drive, 256MB DDR SDRAM and ATI Radeon 9200 graphics chip with 32MB dedicated DDR SDRAM
I think I could shit in a box and get more processing power out of it.

theacoustician said:
My dad bought a 1 gig flash drive for $130 over the weekend. It has an LCD on it. What's Apple's excuse?

I think I could shit in a box and get more processing power out of it.
Download music...check
Edit movies...check
email....check
internet....check

I think I could do anything with that machine that I can do with a low end Compaq/Dell/whatever.

Hell, even games would suck on all those systems.

smileynev said:
You were obviously not using an Apple approved power company.

We had an apple company tech come in becuase we went through so many and he just said design flaw. If you put them in a lab they just seemed to die fast.

b_sinning said:
We had an apple company tech come in becuase we went through so many and he just said design flaw. If you put them in a lab they just seemed to die fast.
Well there you go. They weren't approved for lab use.

smileynev said:
Download music...check
Edit movies...check
email....check
internet....check

I think I could do anything with that machine that I can do with a low end Compaq/Dell/whatever at half the speed.

fixed.

some of us have gotten used to nearly-instantaneous responses from our computers. it pains us to downgrade.

smileynev said:
Download music...check
Edit movies...check
email....check
internet....check

I think I could do anything with that machine that I can do with a low end Compaq/Dell/whatever.

You could get double the performance for almost half the cost. I mean, Jesus, 32MB Vid Card? Who the fuck are they fooling? Video editing? Surely you jest. It doesn't even have a fucking DVD burner to offload the videos to.

I know the point to this : people like iPods and are now curious about Macs. Let's put one out there people can afford. This is a mistake and it will bite Apple in the ass.