Apple < sleecawk < *

theacoustician said:
Apple wants to sell a shitty box that you couldn't even give away if it were a PC. This is not the way to win the hearts and minds of users.

You're saying the above is an incorrect statement?

if dum people want to overpay for crappy hardware I say let 'em

theacoustician said:
So, the converse of the above statement is that Apple selling a really shitty computer is going to help their market share and image.
Or that Apple selling a quality piece of hardware is going to help their market share and image.

Your tricksy words and sneaky ways are no match for my midwestern sensibilities.

smileynev said:
Or that Apple selling a quality piece of hardware is going to help their market share and image.

Your tricksy words and sneaky ways are no match for my midwestern sensibilities.
If it was a quality piece of hardware, why are they putting components in it from 2 generations ago?

theacoustician said:
So, the converse of the above statement is that Apple selling a really shitty computer is going to help their market share and image.

That's exactly what I said in my other post. Yea, it's a peice of crap, but most people that buy $400 dell systems wonder why their monitor can't "see" their printer will also be apt to buy this as well.

And they'll probably bring back another round of those "switch" commercials *shudder*

theacoustician said:
If it was a quality piece of hardware, why are they putting components in it from 2 generations ago?
The quality of the hardware has nothing to do with its technological age.

Not that it matters, given that the hardware is on par with what they offer in their other low priced product lines.

smileynev said:
The quality of the hardware has nothing to do with its technological age.

Not that it matters, given that the hardware is on par with what they offer in their other low priced product lines.
So you're saying Apple uses outdated hardware on all their low end lines?