Movie Anyone watching the Challenger movie?

I was in 6th grade. I was suppose to be watching it at school but we had a snow day that day. I was at home playing with my sister and my Mom came into the room and told us what happened.

giphy.gif

I was in grade school. Our middle school science/math and gym teacher was a semi-finalist (or something like that) as a teacher to be on the shuttle. NASA came to our school and made a huge production for us. So the whole school was watching on various TVs as the shuttle launched.

Uhm that must have been pretty traumatic! Wtf

A lot of schools in the States were doing assemblies and different things to celebrate the fact a teacher was going into space. if we would have had school that day our whole school was suppose to watch the lift off together. NASA had set up some special programs where the teacher was going to teach from space, closed circuit TV type stuff, and lots of schools had signed on to take part. It really was a tragedy. A lot of kids around the country were watching it live when it happened.

A lot of schools in the States were doing assemblies and different things to celebrate the fact a teacher was going into space. if we would have had school that day our whole school was suppose to watch the lift off together. NASA had set up some special programs where the teacher was going to teach from space, closed circuit TV type stuff, and lots of schools had signed on to take part. It really was a tragedy. A lot of kids around the country were watching it live when it happened.

Faaaak that's horrible

We watched every shuttle launch when I was in elementary school so it wasn't really a surprise we were watching this one. I didn't really understand at first until my teacher explained it. I just thought it was some pieces of it falling off. It never occurred to my innocent little mind that those people had just died right in front of me. It was a while before I really got it. I was 9 at the time.