Any Mac people here?

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
I'm strongly considering making the switch. I told myself to wait a couple years, but my laptop insists on having issues. It's 2+ years old and has gone through a hard drive, what appears to be a mother board, 3 ac cords and 3 batteries (2 of each in the last few months). Instead of dumping more money into this thing I am thinking of starting anew. I'm looking at Macs for their reliability under hard memory use - ie: music and video production.

Does anyone here use Mac? I'm looking at a Macbook. With my student discount I can get 2G RAM and a 250G hard drive for <$1400.

I'm curious about the data transfer. I assume, given Apple's desire to grab pc people, that they offer free software for moving files from pc to Mac.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

external harddrives work through usb - boths pc's and mac's use usb so you can just transfer shit that way

I'm a PC person but was forced to deal with MACs for a few years. Every MAC laptop I've had was very well made and worked great. If all you mainly do is Office related and web browsing then they aren't bad at all.

I'm a PC person but was forced to deal with MACs for a few years. Every MAC laptop I've had was very well made and worked great. If all you mainly do is Office related and web browsing then they aren't bad at all.

Supposedly they are awesome in the post production graphics area.

macs can access windows shares, so if you put your old computer and new computer on the same network its a piece of cake to transfer the files

also, does anyone know why i can no longer use apostrophes without the firefox quickfind box coming up? this is pissing me off.

i've got a mac and a pc at work - they both are fine and work perfectly. go get a proggy called "parallels" if you want to do pc shit on a mac

Supposedly they are awesome in the post production graphics area.

All of our Graphic Design classes and related products such as Photo editing software and high end video related applications are MAC based.

In the past few years windows applications are just as good but in the graphic design industry MACs still rule.

All of our Graphic Design classes and related products such as Photo editing software and high end video related applications are MAC based.

In the past few years windows applications are just as good but in the graphic design industry MACs still rule.

yeah I mean, they absolutely blow cock to develop software on so they might as well be used to paint stuff and like manipulate pixels or whatever

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 right now. Looking at Dell's website, they seem to have a similar machine to the Mac, but it's the same price. the only diff is Dell's 3 year warranty. I'm a little leery of Dell given my experience.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'll check HP and Gateway as well.

I've had 3 different dell laptops in the last 7 years and they've all worked great...we are a dell shop here at work and we really don't see that many problems with their hardware on the whole