Any Mac people here?

From what I have heard, since I am not a Mac user, Mac beats the living shit out of PC when it comes to Music. Since you will be using it for music production I would highly suggest looking into Mac before PC. I would suggest PC just cause its what I use and have always used but for what you are going to be doing Mac should be the way to go...

From what I have heard, since I am not a Mac user, Mac beats the living shit out of PC when it comes to Music. Since you will be using it for music production I would highly suggest looking into Mac before PC. I would suggest PC just cause its what I use and have always used but for what you are going to be doing Mac should be the way to go...

macs beat the shit out of pcs when it comes to using apple based music programs - for obvious reasons.. namely iLife's garageband

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 right now. Looking at Dell's website, they seem to have a similar machine to the Mac, but it's the same price. the only diff is Dell's 3 year warranty. I'm a little leery of Dell given my experience.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'll check HP and Gateway as well.

Which model is it?

I just got my new MAcBook Pro today.

I've used both for years and may finally drop Windows altogether sinc eI don't care about gaming anymore.

The only thing that really annoys me about going all Mac is the lack of a robust e-mail client. Outlook 2003 > anything on a Mac.

So I'll probably continue to run Outlook 2003 in XP/Parallels in concurrent mode. Let's me keep using Clone DVD/AnyDVD as well.

macs beat the shit out of pcs when it comes to using apple based music programs - for obvious reasons.. namely iLife's garageband

Mac's just beat the snot out of Windows based PC's for Video/Audio production. I've used and maintained both platforms and PC's blow for it. Nothing but bullshit on Windows. Mac's just get the job done.

And yeah, Garageband is :cool: