Another reason to NOT live in Florida

Pandora

Flaccid Member
Oct 19, 2004
Atlanta GA!
skewed.textamerica.com
Marklar
₥0
A 93 year old Floridian hits a pedestrian with his car and drives with them stuck in his windshield for over 3 miles. A toll booth attendent notified the police after the guy pulled up to pay the toll. The police say the guy is suffering from dementia and will not face any charges.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/21/elderly.driver.ap/index.html

You always hear about the elderly getting into wreaks and driving through buildings in their cars. Do you think there is any way to prevent these incidents from occuring? And will they ever actually be put into place?

Last edited:
Pandora said:
The police say the guy is suffering from dementia and will not face any charges.

So... i don't give a fuck what the guy is suffering from. At the very least his ass should never be able to drive a car again. More than that, depending on how long he was suffering dementia, he should be commited.

Pandora said:
You always hear about the elderly getting into wreaks and driving through buildings in their cars. Do you think there is any way to prevent these incidents from occuring? And will they ever actually be put into place?
Yearly tests, and probably restricted licenses to keep them off the road during commuting hours at a very minimum.

Doubt we'll ever see it as long as the MADD dipshits are tying up the ears of lawmakers.

taeric said:
So... i don't give a fuck what the guy is suffering from. At the very least his ass should never be able to drive a car again. More than that, depending on how long he was suffering dementia, he should be commited.

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about it. I think once you hit a certain age you should have to have a doc's letter to renew your license or something. My grandfather was involved in 4 accidents that we knew about. We later found out that it was more like 8. He stopped telling the family about his wreaks because he was afraid we'd take the car away from him, which of course we did. We only found out about all this after my mom found a letter from his insurance company canceling his coverage. Course then he just started driving his lawnmower. :(

Pandora said:
Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about it. I think once you hit a certain age you should have to have a doc's letter to renew your license or something. My grandfather was involved in 4 accidents that we knew about. We later found out that it was more like 8. He stopped telling the family about his wreaks because he was afraid we'd take the car away from him, which of course we did. We only found out about all this after my mom found a letter from his insurance company canceling his coverage. Course then he just started driving his lawnmower. :(

i can agree to a point, but alot of older people dont have family who cares about them, or who will take care of them properly.

Its unfortunate that our elderly citizens are often overlooked and mistreated :(

i dont have any grandparents left, i havent' since i was 12 and i do miss them.. although i didnt get the chance to appreciate them like i wanted to... :(

Pandora said:
That's what I don't get. When I get to that age, I won't be fighting anyone. "Sure, I'll go off to the home, but it had better be one of those really posh ones with the hot nurses in it for my sponge bath. I am prepared to be treated like a king!"