Another reason to NOT live in Florida

theacoustician said:
That's what I don't get. When I get to that age, I won't be fighting anyone. "Sure, I'll go off to the home, but it had better be one of those really posh ones with the hot nurses in it for my sponge bath. I am prepared to be treated like a king!"

by hot nurses, i hope you mean burly hair overweight men..

and by treated like a king, i hope you mean raped in the decaying anal cavity

ChikkenNoodul said:
Nice, can you get that together with the large numbered dashboard and Tucks medicated seats?
shawndavid just perked his ear at your mention of medicated seats. Whatever forum he posts at now...

Me7R0 MaN v.M1ATa said:
by hot nurses, i hope you mean burly hair overweight men..

and by treated like a king, i hope you mean r*ped in the decaying anal cavity
And you wonder why people think you're gay

theacoustician said:
That's what I don't get. When I get to that age, I won't be fighting anyone. "Sure, I'll go off to the home, but it had better be one of those really posh ones with the hot nurses in it for my sponge bath. I am prepared to be treated like a king!"
I've been in enough nursing homes, even luxury ones, to know that I'd rather expire in a cataclysic video poker accident than go into one of those places.

My mother told me to give her a cyanide pill before she would go into one :fly:

in this thread we have concluded (more like surmised) that teenaged female asian drivers are the worst there is

elpmis said:
in this thread we have concluded (more like surmised) that teenaged female asian drivers are the worst there is
Dude, you don't even want to know how bad

The funny thing is, I don't get the slightest bit angry at them anymore

Someone almost kills me, I ride up next to them to give 'em the stare, realize they're DWC, shrug my shoulders, smile, and ride off.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Dude, you don't even want to know how bad

The funny thing is, I don't get the slightest bit angry at them anymore

Someone almost kills me, I ride up next to them to give 'em the stare, realize they're DWC, shrug my shoulders, smile, and ride off.

you know what's great? the town i live in is absolutely full of college-aged asian drivers. there's a 50/50 chance that you're going to die just by walking out the door.

it's not uncommon to see a car parked half up on the sidewalk in campustown.

Pandora said:
Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about it. I think once you hit a certain age you should have to have a doc's letter to renew your license or something. My grandfather was involved in 4 accidents that we knew about. We later found out that it was more like 8. He stopped telling the family about his wreaks because he was afraid we'd take the car away from him, which of course we did. We only found out about all this after my mom found a letter from his insurance company canceling his coverage. Course then he just started driving his lawnmower. :(

The only thing that gets hard about that is what is the "certain age" that we should test people?

Especially in cases like this, I think simply acknowledging that there could be a problem with the driver and investigating is enough. No point in going through too much extra effort. Let them drive until evidence shows they can't. I'd be willing to guess it was not this guys first "accident."

Whizzleteets said:
you know what's great? the town i live in is absolutely full of college-aged asian drivers. there's a 50/50 chance that you're going to die just by walking out the door.

it's not uncommon to see a car parked half up on the sidewalk in campustown.
:lol: you just described the MIT campus, Tufts, Northeastern, and of course Chinatown - all areas I avoid on the bike

taeric said:
The only thing that gets hard about that is what is the "certain age" that we should test people?

Especially in cases like this, I think simply acknowledging that there could be a problem with the driver and investigating is enough. No point in going through too much extra effort. Let them drive until evidence shows they can't. I'd be willing to guess it was not this guys first "accident."

True. Perhaps if we had a system where your driving ability was reviewed after you have an accident. Perhaps if insurance companies made it a regular practice to initiate an investigation. After all, they cancel people's policies all the time for driving records. And if more states enforced their insurance laws better, people wouldn't be able to get a license without their insurance. Maybe people shouldn't be able to buy cars without a license?

ChikkenNoodul said:
I've been in enough nursing homes, even luxury ones, to know that I'd rather expire in a cataclysic video poker accident than go into one of those places.

My mother told me to give her a cyanide pill before she would go into one :fly:
See my great grandmother lived in an assisted living facility and it was more like an old people dorm than anything else. Now out and out nursing home, fuck that. Kill me now.

Pandora said:
True. Perhaps if we had a system where your driving ability was reviewed after you have an accident. Perhaps if insurance companies made it a regular practice to initiate an investigation. After all, they cancel people's policies all the time for driving records. And if more states enforced their insurance laws better, people wouldn't be able to get a license without their insurance. Maybe people shouldn't be able to buy cars without a license?
that time and effort would make our insurance premiums skyrocket. that would make driving more of an elitist activity because it still wouldn't prevent those with traffic records from being on the road, and would make those who had clean records but not enough money unable to drive.

as far as geriatric driving goes, laws vary by state as to the screening of licenses vis a vis age, but stuff slips through the system all the time. my great aunt in RI failed her eyesight test at the DMV, called her optometrist and basically paid him off to call the DMV and told them her eyesight was fine. she kept her license. of course she is 92 and definitely suffers from dimentia/alzheimers, and thankfully she's in an assisted living community and OFF the roads.

Last edited:
ChikkenNoodul said:
I've been in those, it's still depressing and smelly IMO :iono:

it's always sort of depressing when you have to go to a nursing home to visit someone.

you don't want to be there, and you know everyone there just wants someone to talk to. :(

unless they're batshit insane, which seems to happen to a lot of old people.

Pandora said:
A 93 year old Floridian hits a pedestrian with his car and drives with them stuck in his windshield for over 3 miles. A toll booth attendent notified the police after the guy pulled up to pay the toll. The police say the guy is suffering from dementia and will not face any charges.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/21/elderly.driver.ap/index.html

You always hear about the elderly getting into wreaks and driving through buildings in their cars. Do you think there is any way to prevent these incidents from occuring? And will they ever actually be put into place?

Old people have outlived their usefulness. There is but one step left.

Soylent Green.

I think the elderly should have to retake their test every 2 years after 70.

I know it might be a pain, but it's not like they are busy. My grandmother paid $0.25 for license back in the 20s and never had to take a test again. She drove into her 80s. That's just not right.

SpangeMonkee said:
I think the elderly should have to retake their test every 2 years after 70.

I know it might be a pain, but it's not like they are busy. My grandmother paid $0.25 for license back in the 20s and never had to take a test again. She drove into her 80s. That's just not right.

The govt could even waiv the cost of the test, as most old buggers are on SS or whatever.