FYI AMA - Such as what is wrong with the cuntlefish

That's why you ship first class/priority. It's not regularly opened by inspectors like media mail and parcel post. (I was told this by multiple PO employees)

I didn't say it was and I've never once said you can't do it because people do all the time. I'm just saying I would be pissed if it was my turn to receive the beer and I didn't get it because it wasn't shipped legally.

@fly and @APRIL should appreciate this

imgur

Wtf... How does that even work?

Last edited by a moderator:
From the SA Beer exchange thread

How to pack
There are many ways of packing beer, but in my opinion ALL of them are pains in the ass. The one that is by far the least pain in the ass is a styrofoam bottle shipping container system thingy. You can get them at Bevmo/Total Wine and other places and they are the bomb.
One of these shipping containers (common sizes are 1 bottle, 2 bottles, 3 bottles, 6 bottles and 12 bottles) are usually only a few bucks ($4-$8) but turn packing a box of beer into a near bulletproof process that doesn't take much time and only needs some scrap paper to get them nice and secure.

Here is how I packed a 12 bottle shipper.
First take 3-4 pages of a newspaper and ruffle them up a bit and set it over the slot for the bottle, this will make sure that the paper expands to secure the bottle from jostling around too much.

Set the bottle on top of the hole and slowly shove it down, the paper should crumple around the bottle in a near form fitting fashion. Try and wiggle it, you can probably only wiggle it on the top side of the bottle.

Next take two pages of a newspaper and fold it in half and then squeeze it together some so it becomes kind of snake-like, and then shove it in around the top of the bottle, kind of forming a ring around the bottle. You might need to do this twice but after you do this the bottle should be secure and wont budge at all.

Repeat until all of your bottles are nice and secure. Once they are all packed just put the top on and tape the box up and its ready to ship!

http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_006.htm
"Intoxicating liquors having 0.5 percent or more alcoholic content are nonmailable. Taxable liquors with 3.2 percent or less alcohol, including those obtained under a prescription or as a collector’s item, also are nonmailable. The prohibition of the mailing of intoxicating liquors is contained in federal law (18 U.S.C. 1716)."

Yes and it's a law not to speed, and yet I see no speeding tickets coming through my letter box.

There's laws and then there's laws.

And then there are scofflaws, like all of you fucking criminals.

i know I'll be accused of blatant racism here, but you all are as bad as that dirty subhuman race that call themselves Norwegians.

List of things currently coming in the mail for me:

- 18650 battery cells (rebuilding a drill battery pack)
- a lenovo laptop battery
- a dell laptop battery

ruh-roh