Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kiwi
Fairly open ended right now so I'm just going to shotgun a bunch of stuff at you and we can figure out what more specific questions you might have.
One thing that doesn't get spoken about too much is building the kart for the kid to grow. The easiest way to do that is to mount the seat so that it can move back when the kid has grown a foot.

Best forum recommendation, they also have a large amount of how-to articles

I personally liked the PDF on here that was based on a 1962 article

Motor everyone seems to recommend for on-road or light dirt karts, if you're going off road you probably need to go up one engine size. I keep hearing about a coupon that will knock $20-30 off that, but I haven't found it.

Decent aftermarket as well

Halfway decent build video to let you know what you're getting into, Colin doesn't use any of the stuff above though.
Build is good because it doesn't use any tools that aren't easily available. May not be the best build plan to follow, but its good to show you how simple you can go.
Music sucks, though.

• Gravy
Reactions: kiwi
since Papa Zac has banned all pics other than our own content (gay!) in the pic thread, i’m posting this HERE in the SPAM thread to show you guys the new stupid meme trend that’s gonna hit the internets
omg so cute

#loophole

b9a646725512641654f27486b8372149.jpg

Sent from my Tapacaca bitchezzz

@kiwi
Fairly open ended right now so I'm just going to shotgun a bunch of stuff at you and we can figure out what more specific questions you might have.
One thing that doesn't get spoken about too much is building the kart for the kid to grow. The easiest way to do that is to mount the seat so that it can move back when the kid has grown a foot.

Best forum recommendation, they also have a large amount of how-to articles

I personally liked the PDF on here that was based on a 1962 article

Motor everyone seems to recommend for on-road or light dirt karts, if you're going off road you probably need to go up one engine size. I keep hearing about a coupon that will knock $20-30 off that, but I haven't found it.

Decent aftermarket as well

Halfway decent build video to let you know what you're getting into, Colin doesn't use any of the stuff above though.
Build is good because it doesn't use any tools that aren't easily available. May not be the best build plan to follow, but its good to show you how simple you can go.
Music sucks, though.

for the no welder video, could you go even easier by using extruded aluminum channel?

since Papa Zac has banned all pics other than our own content (gay!) in the pic thread, i’m posting this HERE in the SPAM thread to show you guys the new stupid meme trend that’s gonna hit the internets
omg so cute

#loophole

hutts are hermaphrodites by the way.

If that kid is eleven years old and is expected to weld up a go cart like pictured here, holy crapsickle. When I was 11, my build would’ve been a few 2x4s, lawn mower wheels nailed on, and a rope steering system. No brakes, brakes are for pussies.

It’s seems everyone here is genius level anyhoo, so I’m not surprised the kid will build a nuclear powered sled.

If that kid is eleven years old and is expected to weld up a go cart like pictured here, holy crapsickle. When I was 11, my build would’ve been a few 2x4s, lawn mower wheels nailed on, and a rope steering system. No brakes, brakes are for pussies.

It’s seems everyone here is genius level anyhoo, so I’m not surprised the kid will build a nuclear powered sled.
He’s 13 with no experience. But there’s only one way to get it! I actually liked the idea of buying a frame and figuring it out from there. I found a bunch for 70-80 bucks on offer up. He’s homeschooled so we can dedicate a good portion of his day to watching YouTube videos and figuring it out.

He’s 13 with no experience. But there’s only one way to get it! I actually liked the idea of buying a frame and figuring it out from there. I found a bunch for 70-80 bucks on offer up. He’s homeschooled so we can dedicate a good portion of his day to watching YouTube videos and figuring it out.
Probably be good for some sort of shop class credit, although I dont know if that's how home schooling works or if you'd want to combine school and play like that.

This book keeps getting recommended. I know the author from his "How to build a sports car" books. Should be a good one.

Amazon product ASIN 1859606423

• Gravy
Reactions: kiwi
Probably be good for some sort of shop class credit, although I dont know if that's how home schooling works or if you'd want to combine school and play like that.

This book keeps getting recommended. I know the author from his "How to build a sports car" books. Should be a good one.

Amazon product ASIN 1859606423
Once he gets to high school I can make him a transcript and would include it on things like that.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Once he gets to high school I can make him a transcript and would include it on things like that.
Hubby does some sort of IT thing? Do I remember that right? Is he any good at electrical trickery? If so, a lot of builds now are doing high speed electric karts. May be something they can do together?

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
omg so cute

#loophole

Now you're getting it!

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Hubby does some sort of IT thing? Do I remember that right? Is he any good at electrical trickery? If so, a lot of builds now are doing high speed electric karts. May be something they can do together?
No. Let’s leave high speed out of it for now anyway. It’s much safer. This is the kid we’ve spent more time in the hospital with than the other three combined.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I like this idea. Welding and the mind of a youngster of that age/maturity could hurt either him or someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.