Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except those jobs don't go unfilled. That's how market forces work. McDonalds needs burgers flipped. If that position isn't filled, guess what they do. Raise the salary for that position! OMG!

If governments force abnormally inflated salaries, then companies have to raise prices for consumers. That increases inflation. Any idea what that does to everyone's salary?
So, that entire statement is the equivalent of "I drink the kool aid, I drink it up".

You got any other fallacious economic theories you'd like to share?

Except those jobs don't go unfilled. That's how market forces work. McDonalds needs burgers flipped. If that position isn't filled, guess what they do. Raise the salary for that position! OMG!

If governments force abnormally inflated salaries, then companies have to raise prices for consumers. That increases inflation. Any idea what that does to everyone's salary?
the reason they would raise prices is to maintain unreasonably high profit margins for the upper tier.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
If that position isn't filled, guess what they do. Raise the salary for that position! OMG!

you originally stated

As the skill required to do a job approaches zero, so should the pay.

and said nothing about ☆the market☆ raising salary to fill a need.

If governments force abnormally inflated salaries, then companies have to raise prices for consumers.
no, they only need to do this if they keep C-level pay and profit margins at their current sickeningly high levels.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
there's no reason for anyone in this country to go hungry or homeless, but especially someone who works full time (or full time hours across several jobs), regardless of how skilled the labor is or isn't. you can argue that skilled people deserve higher pay, but I refuse to even entertain anyone who thinks people do not deserve a living wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.