Advise a Jonny Foreigner on where to go in North America

SpangeMonkee said:
get a fake ID from Ireland. No one in the US will question the validity of it.
that's actually a brilliant idea.

Legal age in Canada is 19 and 21 in the US.
Although I am legal age in the US I still get asked to see my ID all the time and they usually just hand it back with a puzzled look on their face because it's a forein ID.

Here's where to stay away from in Vancouver, and where to go.

Vancouver-map.jpg

Fat Burger said:
that's actually a brilliant idea.

Legal age in Canada is 19 and 21 in the US.
Although I am legal age in the US I still get asked to see my ID all the time and they usually just hand it back with a puzzled look on their face because it's a forein ID.
Well, he turns 21 in August, so I doubt that will be a problem. I'm still 19 though, so that will pose a bit of a problem. I suppose I could get a fake id for the sake of it, even though I don't agree with drinking, I'll do it for the fun. Don't want to let anyone down.

I had people come out from behind their tills to shake my hand and say hello when I was in Toronto. I had to use my passport you see because the majority of my money was in Amex travellers cheques. I wasn't going around flashing my Irish passport, people would start asking me is belfast really like baghdad with snipers on the roofs etc.

It's happened.

Fat Burger said:
Here's where to stay away from in Vancouver, and where to go.

Vancouver-map.jpg
This is a good map which I'll have to print off, what's the deal with the 3 circles in the lower left though? Stay away or go?

Galen said:
Well, he turns 21 in August, so I doubt that will be a problem. I'm still 19 though, so that will pose a bit of a problem. I suppose I could get a fake id for the sake of it, even though I don't agree with drinking, I'll do it for the fun. Don't want to let anyone down.

well, some places won't even let you in if you're under 21. I'd get one if I were you just to make things easier.

Looks like it's going to be a week in Ontario and 2 weeks in NY. A few days in London beforehand also, time to stock up on some shirts.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
:(

No love for the west coast?
But at least you're still going to Ontario :D Yay for Canada!!!
I'll hopefully get another chance to go there. Cheap flights from Belfast - Halifax from April until November with Zoom. Perhaps next year I'll get around to it.

I am no fan of seafood though. So that might be a problem.