Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
"The initial V8 conversion was performed by LOJ Conversions under prior ownership, and four months ago a replacement LY6-based 6.0L V8 with LS3 valvetrain components was installed, also by LOJ. Prior to installation the block was cleaned and painted, and the heads were tested for cracks and fitment. Other recent work included new front and rear main seals, an LS3 intake manifold and gaskets, head gaskets, header gaskets, oxygen sensors, water pump gaskets, spark plugs, fuel injectors, crank damper, and an Aeromotive fuel pump and adjustable fuel pressure regulator."

So they put a motor in it, then they put another motor in it, then they changed pretty much every seal and gasket in the new motor. No wonder they're selling the car, they're sick of it.

Fuckin' broke off a bolt putting my timing cover back together on the Datsun.

So here's how you get a broken bolt out.
1) Thread a nut onto the 1 thread that's left above the surface.
20190917_183201_HDR.jpg

2) fill weld that nut.
20190917_183232.jpg

3) try again, because that shit was ugly.
20190917_183501.jpg

4) profit.
20190917_183642.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Immigrant
I also had to weld a crack shut in the keyway of the harmonic balancer before I reinstalled it, but I didn't take pictures of that. Kinda ghetto, but there are no alternatives to repairing the existing one, except either a worn out used one, or a full-out race balancer.

So after a couple days of hunting, it doesn't look like there's a single 62TE chrysler transmission available anywhere in Atlantic Canada. The nearby auto recycler even has a wait list for the things. I think that's a pretty good sign that the 62TE is a piece of shit.

Considering it's an A604 with a second planetary set added to it, to bump it up to 6 gears from 4, surprise surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.