Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo, car inspection came back clean from our Ebay purchase. Probably sometime next week, we'll take possession of a 2012 Subaru Outback. With that, our transition to granola libtards may be nearly complete.
that sounds like, by far, the most reliable car you've ever had.

You two really are the lesbian couple of stereotypes though

also, consumer reports (and all data really) is bad at long term reliability projections for cars newish to market. Theres just no way they can know the long term reliability without just waiting and collecting data.

also, consumer reports (and all data really) is bad at long term reliability projections for cars newish to market. Theres just no way they can know the long term reliability without just waiting and collecting data.
Which is another good reason on why I don't buy new. :D By the time its in my wheelhouse, there is good data.

id considered the hyundais, they seemed very solid after that warm up period in the 2000s when they entered the us market. Very similar to when the japanese cars first came to market in the 80s.

I think im a honda guy for life for the most part though. Limited data points, but all 3 hondas ive had have been fantastic for reliability. The corolla has has way more repairs despite being newer, and single owner.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Had some trouble a few weeks back in the blazing hot (105°F(reedumb)), in that I was smelling some gas fumes in the cabin of the Audi.

And by "some", I mean I was fucking HIIIIIIIIGH.

I couldn't find any active leaks in the primary fuel circuit, so I assumed it was the evap circuit from the fuel tank to relieve pressure on the tank when it's really hot out. Pulled out the fender liner to find that the line that runs from the charcoal canister up to the purge valve is just hanging out off the nipple of the canister.

So yeah, I fixed that. Probably no more gas smell in the hot anymore.

20190721_150103_HDR.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
id considered the hyundais, they seemed very solid after that warm up period in the 2000s when they entered the us market. Very similar to when the japanese cars first came to market in the 80s.

I think im a honda guy for life for the most part though. Limited data points, but all 3 hondas ive had have been fantastic for reliability. The corolla has has way more repairs despite being newer, and single owner.
Nearly as reliable as used Hondas, but without the extra premium. IM CHEAP! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.