Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some trouble a few weeks back in the blazing hot (105°F(reedumb)), in that I was smelling some gas fumes in the cabin of the Audi.

And by "some", I mean I was fucking HIIIIIIIIGH.

I couldn't find any active leaks in the primary fuel circuit, so I assumed it was the evap circuit from the fuel tank to relieve pressure on the tank when it's really hot out. Pulled out the fender liner to find that the line that runs from the charcoal canister up to the purge valve is just hanging out off the nipple of the canister.

So yeah, I fixed that. Probably no more gas smell in the hot anymore.

View attachment 8871
Hopefully not using a screw-type clamp :fly: .

"my biggest worries was how this would play out with some of our most valued assets, our customers. "

Some of your assets? Without customers youd have no assets you walking saucepan, jeebsu

Got the rear end of the Nissan put back together without bouncing my face off anything pretty. Also ordered a set of nice coilovers for it, because I really should have done that years ago.

Did the 500 hours service on the garden tractor (the small one) this past weekend. 27 grease zerks, 1 broken grease gun, three snapped cotter pins that made the deck unlevel. Blades in suprisingly good shape for how many rocks i run over, sharpened em up super quick with a flap disk

trigger warning: i didnt balance them.

runs super smooth now, feels good. Machine is from 1994 (simplicity sunstar), but should last the rest of my life with good maintenance.

Also attempted to reseat a mid sized r1 lug tire on the tiller than had come off the rim. Since it was lugged, i couldnt do the compression strap method, so i tried to do the starter fluid explodey method. It did not go well, instead of making a nice pop and inflating the tire rapidly enought to reseat the bead it just lit on fire.

I did eventually get the bead reseated from the expansion of hot air from the fire :p But it wasnt the nice pop-reseat that you'd like to see.

Last thing on the list that i didnt quite get to is purging the air from the big diesel tractors injector lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.