Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love gas dripping from the carb area of a snowblower.

Let it go into a gas can, so now it's dry.

I'll have to investigate this week. Got more snurrrrr coming this weekend.
fuel line secure?

If it's not the bowl gasket or the fuel line the only other option I can think of is maybe the grosse jet is leaking on account of it either being faulty or the float being maladjusted.

fuel line secure?

If it's not the bowl gasket or the fuel line the only other option I can think of is maybe the grosse jet is leaking on account of it either being faulty or the float being maladjusted.

Have no idea about the :"fuel line." It's not visible at all. For al I know it's some plastic moulded shit piped right into the the chinesium carb.

Fuel shut off? Keeps flowing down and flooding?

There is no fuel shut off on this turd.

I'm going to have to look up the build/parts diagram.

But to replace the carb, you have to take the whole front of the fucking snowblower apart just to get to it.

Someone should make a tank for this to mount where the fuel cap goes, that has a shut off, so the tank always runs dry, per the engine instructions.

On the plus side, no starter fluid needed today, three pumps of the primer build, which could be leaking, and started on the first pull.

And it's running better than when we first got it, except for the leak.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
As soon as I put gas in it. Leaks a little bit less when the engine is running.
Sounds like you're set to add a bit of heat to the snow clearing action.

I'm going on faith here, because I don't know what sort of carb your shitpile runs, but if the bowl is like the kind I'm thinking of, maybe you didn't get the screw sealed up on the bottom?

Snowblower has a fuel leak somewhere up by the carb. But not the carb bowl.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Have no idea about the :"fuel line." It's not visible at all. For al I know it's some plastic moulded shit piped right into the the chinesium carb.

There is no fuel shut off on this turd.

I'm going to have to look up the build/parts diagram.

But to replace the carb, you have to take the whole front of the fucking snowblower apart just to get to it.

Someone should make a tank for this to mount where the fuel cap goes, that has a shut off, so the tank always runs dry, per the engine instructions.

On the plus side, no starter fluid needed today, three pumps of the primer build, which could be leaking, and started on the first pull.

And it's running better than when we first got it, except for the leak.
As soon as I put gas in it. Leaks a little bit less when the engine is running.
Do you have a warm place to investigate/fix this? 'cuz to me this sounds exactly like "two cups of gas needed to snowblow the driveway so 2 cups and a splash go in to accommodate for leakage. & add the FUTURE repair to to warm weather fix list."

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Sounds like you're set to add a bit of heat to the snow clearing action.

I'm going on faith here, because I don't know what sort of carb your shitpile runs, but if the bowl is like the kind I'm thinking of, maybe you didn't get the screw sealed up on the bottom?

Very possible. It still had it's little gasket on. I'll be double checking all that.

Do you have a warm place to investigate/fix this? 'cuz to me this sounds exactly like "two cups of gas needed to snowblow the driveway so 2 cups and a splash go in to accommodate for leakage. & add the FUTURE repair to to warm weather fix list."

Yeah, garage is warm enough, and I've only been adding fuel as necessary.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Hey man, I'm learning. :mad:

But it doesn't look like either screw is dripping, coming from up above.
Up above would be either the main jet or the fuel inlet, so back to either the grosse jet/float or the fuel line.

If'n it's leaking out the throat of the carb from either the intake or engine side, it's the jet/float. Otherwise, it'll be the fuel line.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Up above would be either the main jet or the fuel inlet, so back to either the grosse jet/float or the fuel line.

If'n it's leaking out the throat of the carb from either the intake or engine side, it's the jet/float. Otherwise, it'll be the fuel line.

I'll select my biggest hammer for the repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.