Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
how come? price too high? general dislike of the 350/370?

I know he never beat on it, he put very few miles on it because he doesn't have a commute

I would want it as a more reliable DD, MR2 is starting to be a pain in the ass
When a Toyota is too unreliable for daily driving, you should consider public transport.

Early VQ motors are terrible. They're bad on fuel, they have a habit of oil consumption, they have a known bad gasket that can cause loss of oil pressure, and they sound like a can full of angry bees.

Early VQ motors are terrible. They're bad on fuel, they have a habit of oil consumption, they have a known bad gasket that can cause loss of oil pressure, and they sound like a can full of angry bees.

this is an 80's-tech mid engine turbocharged toyota, not a corolla

I read about oil consumption on the revised motors, a problem with rings, but none of the posts mentioned it on the DE

this looks like a lot of work

how come? price too high? general dislike of the 350/370?

I know he never beat on it, he put very few miles on it because he doesn't have a commute

I would want it as a more reliable DD, MR2 is starting to be a pain in the ass
If you want a reliable DD, get a Hyundai or a Kia. Something you wont want to beat on

Finally located the source of annoying squeal in the 240z. The harmonic balancer separated, and the water pump/alternator belt ring is slipping.

Ordered a new one off Rockauto, as there aren't any new ones from Nissan, and I've gone through like 3 used ones now.

Car repair funny: my 24 yr daughter is back with us for a few months. Her car has issues, we take to shop. So we go to pick up and it comes time to pay the 20 something guy. I step forward and mutter something like "yeah, dads being the wallet today". The young guy quips "I really need some car work, wish someone would pay for it." I immediatly dead-pan loudly and inquisitively "well, what's your mom look like?!" Guy my age working next to him about fell out his chair laughing. Daughter wanted to melt into the floor. :)

Made the first braided line for my new fuel rails today.

2111010364829613572.jpg

Test fit the things down on the kid's motor, since its lower plenum was just hanging around not doing anything useful. I like being able to mock up things off the car.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Made the first braided line for my new fuel rails today.

View attachment 4507

Test fit the things down on the kid's motor, since its lower plenum was just hanging around not doing anything useful. I like being able to mock up things off the car.
You take your mocking seriously. HA HA HA!

Hey, nice job on the line. +10 to pre-use test rigs of all kinds.

Status
Not open for further replies.