Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got my ass off dead center on the front suspension of the Z32. I'd replaced the struts recently, but the driver's side started making noises. Turns out, the top seal had failed and all the oil had leaked out.

I intended these to be a temporary solution while I had my coilovers rebuilt, but fucked if I'm going to put the same shit back on. Ordered a cheapo set of KYBs for both sides off Amazon, and fuck these NAPA POS's.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Anyone ever read a thread where some Canadian offroader guy made adapters and slapped four or five transfer cases on his truck so he could get a truly outrageous gear ratio when it was in 4-low-low-low-low-low?

I wanna say the guy was in left-coast Canada?
Left Coast?

Anyone ever read a thread where some Canadian offroader guy made adapters and slapped four or five transfer cases on his truck so he could get a truly outrageous gear ratio when it was in 4-low-low-low-low-low?

I wanna say the guy was in left-coast Canada?
That kind of truck mod screams Alberta.

Canada's Texas.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Good cab news, sorta. Blown coil. No I don't know which number coil it is...
Not covered by warranty.

Then I troubleshot the wife's backup shitbox Caravan. Oils fine, plugs are firing properly.
Transmission fluid is at level, but is burnt.

Time to get AAA and replace this rust bucket when it finally craps out on the highway. The rocker panels are rusting out.
It's a 2005 with 238,000 miles which we paid $5000.00 for back in 2011.
Total win.

Not covered by warranty.

Then I troubleshot the wife's backup shitbox Caravan. Oils fine, plugs are firing properly.

Time to get AAA and replace this rust bucket when it finally craps out on the highway. The rocker panels are rusting out.
Total win.
wait a tick.

You liked your shitbox caravan cab so much that you got your wife a caravan, too?

Not covered by warranty.

Total win.

Aftermarket transmission oil cooler is a good investment for turning a grocery getter into a commercial vehicle like a cab. The one built into the radiator that came on it can't handle commercial duty. They're pretty cheap if you can just buy the cooler and DIY it. Its a fairly simple thing. It's like a mini radiator just for the tranny fluid. I don't know what the ROI would be if you had to pay a shop $110/hr plus parts markup. Hips will give you the family discount. You gotta do it when you get the vehicle though, it ain't gonna help after a quarter million miles of abuse.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel and nukes
Aftermarket transmission oil cooler is a good investment for turning a grocery getter into a commercial vehicle like a cab. The one built into the radiator that came on it can't handle commercial duty. They're pretty cheap if you can just buy the cooler and DIY it. Its a fairly simple thing. It's like a mini radiator just for the tranny fluid. I don't know what the ROI would be if you had to pay a shop $110/hr plus parts markup. Hips will give you the family discount. You gotta do it when you get the vehicle though, it ain't gonna help after a quarter million miles of abuse.
Uber is ending their Prius Xchange leasing program de to an unprecedented loss of $9000 per unit. I expect a glut of cheap Prii to enter the market shortly.

The plan eventually is to switch over to hybrids at least for my taxi.
Right now, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Uber is ending their Prius Xchange leasing program de to an unprecedented loss of $9000 per unit. I expect a glut of cheap Prii to enter the market shortly.

The plan eventually is to switch over to hybrids at least for my taxi.
Right now, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

get a tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.