Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alt is probably fine, can probably be upgraded if it fails. Running lots of charge/discharge cycles on the battery on the other hand will fuck that up.

Does the bubble lamp have an incandescent bulb you can swap out for a LED one, so it pulls less current?
Twin banks of LEDs. I've had kill toggles for these lights all along. Charlotte has a law that the light be connected to the ignition and the meter.
A kill toggle would let me stay logged in to the dispatch system while not draining current off the battery.

This car is a beast. It runs far better then it ought to based on the punishment it takes. Best Dodge ever more or less.

Twin banks of LEDs. I've had kill toggles for these lights all along. Charlotte has a law that the light be connected to the ignition and the meter.
A kill toggle would let me stay logged in to the dispatch system while not draining current off the battery.

This car is a beast. It runs far better then it ought to based on the punishment it takes. Best Dodge ever more or less.

Try unplugging that power inverter and space heater you're using 'cause you never fixed the real heat.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Try unplugging that power inverter and space heater you're using 'cause you never fixed the real heat.
Never tried the Gator solution. Space heaters are 1500 watts. That's a big inverter and a great big NO.
I'm from New England I've got killer Red Wing boots and long johns and shit.
Suck it up, Nancy.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I went out to get coffee in the snow in the Cadillac this morning, so I did a number of donuts in the parking lot, and suddenly the recirculating ball power steering isn't power anymore.

I figured I'd slipped the belt or some shit, but the belt's fine. Now I've gotta troubleshoot the shittacular GM Pitman/idler/centerlink setup from the 19-fukn'-30s.

Unless I just blew a hose and dumped all my fluid out.

Never had a Carolina outlet here. Only Red Wing.

Didn't realize until I got home with a pair from China. :mad:
I spent more than British-made Docs cost for their boots with free repairs for life, which they didn't go out of their way to say were made in China. A bit of a letdown. Repairs also happen in China apparently.

I went out to get coffee in the snow in the Cadillac this morning, so I did a number of donuts in the parking lot, and suddenly the recirculating ball power steering isn't power anymore.

I figured I'd slipped the belt or some shit, but the belt's fine. Now I've gotta troubleshoot the shittacular GM Pitman/idler/centerlink setup from the 19-fukn'-30s.

Unless I just blew a hose and dumped all my fluid out.
Is recirculating ball steering even steering anymore? Can you do the Jeep-style smack of the steering wheel for no effect?

That thing looks thrown together. The exhaust comes out of the front of the car and it constantly blows smoke. I don't know that I would trust it to drive it. You give it to me and yeah, I would take it and start working on it. But I would want it to work right and have something of a plan before I actually drove it.

Those foam air cleaners are a universal symbol of someone half assing something

That thing looks thrown together. The exhaust comes out of the front of the car and it constantly blows smoke. I don't know that I would trust it to drive it. You give it to me and yeah, I would take it and start working on it. But I would want it to work right and have something of a plan before I actually drove it.

Those foam air cleaners are a universal symbol of someone half assing something
Have you ever been to a drifting event? That's relatively well-sorted.

170121516image000000.jpg

For sale. Finally clearing out storage

It's not legally a miata unless the driver likes it in the butt.
You should try driving a Miata sometime. It's uncomfortable to get in at first, but once you're all situated, and start giving it the gas and throwing it around it's a whole lot of fun. You'll want to do it again and again.

People are gonna judge and put you down, but don't listen to those people.

Status
Not open for further replies.