Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my friend punch up the colors a notch.

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

People wouldn't know whether to Shit or go blind if you Uber'd up in this.

Especially if you wore the Speedo.

Lancia-Stratos-on-snow-action.jpg

Since @Mrs. Valve gravied you shall all receive more blessings of the Stratos.

car_photo_569593.jpg

The car was built around Lancia's works driver, so it's like trying to fit in a suit tailored for a '70s Italian racer. But that let them squeeze a transverse V6 within the 85.8" wheelbase. The door pockets were designed to hold a helmet.

It's so tiny: <2klb, >300hp, 12" rear tires in race trim. Clarkson with a replica gives a good representation of size: http://www.topgear.com/videos/top-gear-tv/diy-lancia-stratos-series-14-episode-3

1975-Lancia-Stratos-HF-Stradale-by-Bertone.jpg

Lancia-Stratos-on-snow-action.jpg

Since @Mrs. Valve gravied you shall all receive more blessings of the Stratos.

car_photo_569593.jpg

The car was built around Lancia's works driver, so it's like trying to fit in a suit tailored for a '70s Italian racer. But that let them squeeze a transverse V6 within the 85.8" wheelbase. The door pockets were designed to hold a helmet.

It's so tiny: <2klb, >300hp, 12" rear tires in race trim. Clarkson with a replica gives a good representation of size: http://www.topgear.com/videos/top-gear-tv/diy-lancia-stratos-series-14-episode-3

1975-Lancia-Stratos-HF-Stradale-by-Bertone.jpg
squeeeeee! POWARRRRRR!

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Well, I have a new battery. 960 cold cranking amps I think. I also have a new skill, removing and replacing car batteries.
What I no longer have is $187 including tax and core fee. @#$_&& Daimler parts.
I need to find the install guy to put in a toggle which disables the bubble light on top of the car when ignition is either engaged or in alt radio position. Technically wouldn't be legal but it's obviously what killed my battery in 15 months. That and all the other electronic doodads which make it a taxi- MDT, Verifone CC system and modem etc...But if I could keep alt engaged without that light being on yeah... that would be great...

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Well, I have a new battery. 960 cold cranking amps I think. I also have a new skill, removing and replacing car batteries.
What I no longer have is $187 including tax and core fee. @#$_&& Daimler parts.
I need to find the install guy to put in a toggle which disables the bubble light on top of the car when ignition is either engaged or in alt radio position. Technically wouldn't be legal but it's obviously what killed my battery in 15 months. That and all the other electronic doodads which make it a taxi- MDT, Verifone CC system and modem etc...But if I could keep alt engaged without that light being on yeah... that would be great...
FYI, batteries mostly come from the same factories. Nissan and Chrysler (and probably many more, but I'm relying on 10s of googling here) both buy from Johnson Controls.

The OEM 72 month Nissan battery that I put in the wife's Infiniti flatlined in 20 months, despite not being abused in any way. Nissan, cheap bastards that they are, offered me a prorated $15 credit towards a new battery from them.

I told 'em to stick it and went to get an East Penn manufactured battery from Napa (their Legend line).

All that shit you have in that car, you might want to invest in an upgraded alternator. If you're draining batteries that fast you're not helping out the stock alternator either.
It's a Chrysler. All he'd be doing is chasing the weakness down the line.

If he put a bigger alternator in, he'd probably twist the crank snout off or some shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Alt is probably fine, can probably be upgraded if it fails. Running lots of charge/discharge cycles on the battery on the other hand will fuck that up.

Does the bubble lamp have an incandescent bulb you can swap out for a LED one, so it pulls less current?

All that shit you have in that car, you might want to invest in an upgraded alternator. If you're draining batteries that fast you're not helping out the stock alternator either.
It's next to go. Surprised it's lasted this long. If there's a heavy duty model I will definitely be purchasing it when the stock alternator goes.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Status
Not open for further replies.