Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you need all the rubber:

873354.jpg

Stratos may be my favorite car of all time.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mrs. Valve
Love how the AC is just stuck on there up off to the side like, "oh, people expect these now, there's some room over here, just stick it there".

Perfect.
It's an aftermarket system by Vintage Air. The other systems I've seen use the Harrison compressor (so, it's about 1/4 the length of the Sanden one) and mount much closer, but I've got that massive engine bay and no dead hookers to fill it with, so I figure, why the shit not?

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Started installing a set of silicone turbo outlet couplers (to replace the 25 year old original rubber couplers) in the 300ZX yesterday, and then got sidetracked stripping the outlet metal pipes for powder coating, and also replacing all the (crumbling, leaky) rubber vacuum caps with new vinyl ones.

So, the 300ZX is off the road again.

Hopefully the vacuum caps were the root cause of power loss at the last dyno day. I'm fairly confident that they were, but if they successfully lean out the mixture at high boost, then I'll be happy.

Started installing a set of silicone turbo outlet couplers (to replace the 25 year old original rubber couplers) in the 300ZX yesterday, and then got sidetracked stripping the outlet metal pipes for powder coating, and also replacing all the (crumbling, leaky) rubber vacuum caps with new vinyl ones.

So, the 300ZX is off the road again.

Hopefully the vacuum caps were the root cause of power loss at the last dyno day. I'm fairly confident that they were, but if they successfully lean out the mixture at high boost, then I'll be happy.
you're a silly silly man.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Status
Not open for further replies.