A serious question

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
So.... Not exactly sure how to phrase this one.

I've not exactly dated a lot in the past. Just something I didn't do. However, almost all of my exes have almost immediately wanted to get back with me. This is usually after they broke up with me. Sometimes it takes longer.

So, my question is.... does this happen to everyone? Is it something I do?

Not sure what the question is?

Getting back together is never a good idea.

Last edited:
Think of girlfriends like cars. Always upgrade when it's affordable. And would you take a clunker back that you knew had problems after just getting rid of it to some other sucker?

b_sinning said:
Think of girlfriends like cars. Always upgrade when it's affordable. And would you take a clunker back that you knew had problems after just getting rid of it to some other sucker?
this man speaks unbelievable truths..

now go open my threads!!!

elpmis said:
plain and simple explanation: It means you're a nice guy

FlamingGlory said:
Getting back together is never a good idea.

Ditto for both of these. My advice, never do the whole "co-worker" thing. That never works out either. Friends, however, are usually a good start. They can either help you find someone or maybe you'll find the one you're looking for amongst your friends. If all else fails, try online dating. I've never attempted it, but if you find a psycho, youcan always do what inline4 does and get a restraining order... bah-ZING! :lol:

I have to disagree. I've known more than one couple to get back together with relative success. Then again I've only had one ex want to get back together with me and while I was tempted at first I then remembered that the bitch cheated on me multiple times. Still, I wouldn't automatically discount it; just make sure you're doing it for the right reasons.

I'm not so much curious if I should get back with this person. We've had too rocky a ride for me to think anything long term could work. So.... Not really considering that right now.

However, I am still very curious as to why I've had a couple of girls break up with me and then change their minds and try to get me back.

I'm also curious about other stupid things people do. Take the one girl I know that basically won't leave this guy she has a huge crush on even though he treats her like utter shit (Did I mention that they aren't even dating?). Or the guy I know who, instead of asking this girl out, has instead turned into her lapdog. He's completely dependant on her for social life, but is too chicken shit to actually ask her out.

My wife and I (when we were dating) broke up and I moved out. After a few weeks apart we started talking again. Then we started dating and spending a lot of time together. Then I knocked her up and we got married. Isn't love grand?

taeric said:
However, I am still very curious as to why I've had a couple of girls break up with me and then change their minds and try to get me back.
girls ==
anim_jump.gif

I'm also curious about other stupid things people do. Take the one girl I know that basically won't leave this guy she has a huge crush on even though he treats her like utter shit (Did I mention that they aren't even dating?). Or the guy I know who, instead of asking this girl out, has instead turned into her lapdog. He's completely dependant on her for social life, but is too chicken shit to actually ask her out.
1st case) See my above reply.
2nd case) I have a friend like that. Asked her out once, no go, she is loco but gropes enough that we arent /just/ buddies. Takes me to tons of parties though.

FlamingGlory said:

I feel it is more than just a case of women being stupid. As I feel that all people are stupid. It works out.

FlamingGlory said:
1st case) See my above reply.
2nd case) I have a friend like that. Asked her out once, no go, she is loco but gropes enough that we arent /just/ buddies. Takes me to tons of parties though.

So... explain to me how 2nd case is in any way a good idea?

taeric said:
I feel it is more than just a case of women being stupid. As I feel that all people are stupid. It works out.
Yup, people are stupid. Persons can be ok and or manipulated.

So... explain to me how 2nd case is in any way a good idea?
A completely non-threatening relationship where neither person is emotionally invested enough to hurt the other while still being friends. She thinks I'm funny/cool, I make viscious jokes about/hit her, that is the entire dynamic. Obviously unique, but I'm thinking it's similar to the latter case. Fail to see a downside.