A serious question

FlamingGlory said:
A completely non-threatening relationship where neither person is emotionally invested enough to hurt the other while still being friends. She thinks I'm funny/cool, I make viscious jokes about/hit her, that is the entire dynamic. Obviously unique, but I'm thinking it's similar to the latter case. Fail to see a downside.
One person may become more attatched than the other, causing problems. Doesn't always happen, though. Of course some people find emotionally unfullfilling relationships to be a waste of time. I see a girl from one of my classes outside of school once a week for a couple of hours. Pretty much do the exact same thing every time and busy schedules preclude more frequent visits. While it hasn't really gotten to feel like a chore just yet I can tell that both of us would be almost as content without these weekend hookups.

Not really complaining but it's still not what I'm looking for. Good luck with your gropin' buddy though :happy:

FlamingGlory said:
A completely non-threatening relationship where neither person is emotionally invested enough to hurt the other while still being friends. She thinks I'm funny/cool, I make viscious jokes about/hit her, that is the entire dynamic. Obviously unique, but I'm thinking it's similar to the latter case. Fail to see a downside.

Fair enough. You just started it with a comparison to my friend. You know, the one I called a lapdog. I fail to see anything healthy on being damned near completely dependant on someone for your social life whom you have a crush on but only likes you as a friend. If this is not the case with you, ... fill in your own blanks.

taeric said:
Fair enough. You just started it with a comparison to my friend. You know, the one I called a lapdog. I fail to see anything healthy on being damned near completely dependant on someone for your social life whom you have a crush on but only likes you as a friend. If this is not the case with you, ... fill in your own blanks.
Ohhh, I thought that you meant she was his lapdog and he had a crush on her.

FlamingGlory said:
Ohhh, I thought that you meant she was his lapdog and he had a crush on her.

No no... He is the lapdog in this case. I don't think I can count the number of times he has been all down and not wanting to do anything. Then we'll mention that she is going to be there and he is all "can I come?" One of these days I'm going to hold him to the not wanting to come option.

taeric said:
No no... He is the lapdog in this case. I don't think I can count the number of times he has been all down and not wanting to do anything. Then we'll mention that she is going to be there and he is all "can I come?" One of these days I'm going to hold him to the not wanting to come option.
This is simply solved. Hit him and say MAN UP BITCH. Then on refer to him as 'bitch'. :cool:

FlamingGlory said:
This is simply solved. Hit him and say MAN UP BITCH. Then on refer to him as 'bitch'. :cool:

I've tried giving him shit to no end. I've even done it with her there.

Hell!! Her brother in law even made a crack about it once. He thinks he played it cool.

taeric said:
I've tried giving him shit to no end.

Until you send him footage of that time you made jokes about how pathetic he is while doing this girl doggy style I strongly doubt the 'to no end' part of your previous comment.

Not that I would recommend that course of action, I'm just sayin...

:D

Not to jump into the party late...I've been in that same situation and it has ended up working as well as not working.

She left me for another guy (unbeknownst to me) and when it didn't work out she came back. I didn't have anything better to do and wanted to milk the "I'm soooo sorry" for all it was worth. We ended up together again for about a year and the same issues surfaced causing us to split again.

Another time I left a girl because I was bored, she missed me and practically forced us to be together again so I figured I'd ride it out for a while just to get my balls licked all the time. (Yay short-term gratification!) A few years went by and I found myself actually happy with her, that is until she became a psycho hose-beast and demanded to know when I was going to marry and start a family with her. Needless to say I'm not with her any longer because the wedding crazed monsters do nothing for me.

At this point I've pretty much resigned myself to not getting back with girls I've split up with. We parted company for a reason and time apart doesn't take that reason away, it just lets you forget it's there until the most inopportune moment.

FlamingGlory is so "In Your Face" about things. It's plain to see that he must listen to Rock Music. This gives him a radical attitude.

People want what they cannot have. Once they have it, it is not so appealing and the fun of the chase is gone. Then once it is gone they realize that it was good and they want it back.

JJ Lady said:
People want what they cannot have. Once they have it, it is not so appealing and the fun of the chase is gone. Then once it is gone they realize that it was good and they want it back.

Or you just marry a gamer.

Galen said:
FlamingGlory is so "In Your Face" about things. It's plain to see that he must listen to Rock Music. This gives him a radical attitude.
I would think that whining would be attributed to that 'Rock' music. Opera is what gives you that hardcore attitude.

JJ Lady said:

Am I the only one that wants to be content at some point in the future?

Ah well.

taeric said:

Ah well.

am i the only one who decided/learned to be content regardless of my situation?

CletusJones said:
A few years went by and I found myself actually happy with her, that is until she became a psycho hose-beast and demanded to know when I was going to marry and start a family with her. Needless to say I'm not with her any longer because the wedding crazed monsters do nothing for me.
Look at it from this perspective -women are forcefed this institution of marrage [not to say that marrage isn't a wonderful thing.] Some women take it to extremes and develope this sence of 'My biological clock is ticking, I need to get hitched/knocked up.' Now, I will not deny that women can and will eventually develope a case of the Batshiteffingloco. It all depends on how she approaches the situation. Did she demand it, casually bring it up in conversation, or make a joke out of it?

taeric said:

Ah well.
Not content, but happy. You are not alone, my friend.

InnerMuse said:
Look at it from this perspective -women are forcefed this institution of marrage [not to say that marrage isn't a wonderful thing.] Some women take it to extremes and develope this sence of 'My biological clock is ticking, I need to get hitched/knocked up.' Now, I will not deny that women can and will eventually develope a case of the Batshiteffingloco. It all depends on how she approaches the situation. Did she demand it, casually bring it up in conversation, or make a joke out of it?

If women are forcefed marriage, it is by women. Which... honestly doesn't surprise me too much.