A question - London Bombers

lemon_fresh

Half-staff Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥5
I have a question - how is that the media & some members of the UK government have concluded that the 4 London bombers were "suicide bombers"?
Couldn't they have just as readily been whacked by their own bombs/handler in an attempt to clean up any lose ends? What evidence, other than their deaths in the explosions, have led some authorities to come to this conclusion?

IMHO: I can see how a Palestinian youth becomes a suicide bomber, I just don't see the same dynamic at play westernized muslims. Did they know they were packing explosives? Probably. Did they think they were just dropping the bombs and getting off at the next stop? IMHO - yes

Discuss.....

They found the house where they were constructing the bombs and one of the cars they used to get the the train station. I'm sure there was some reasonable evidence from those sites of what their exact plans were.

b_sinning said:
How can you fight suicide bombers? It's hard to threaten anyone that's willing to give their life to kill you.
In this case try to unbrainwash them. Convince them that killing themselves will send them to hell or worse. Make friends with them. Its so much hard to kill when you see humans as people rather than targets.

b_sinning said:
Maybe that found proof that the bombs were those bomb vest the palestinians use. Once you get them on you can't get the off without them going off.

They had on bomb vests? I thought the bombs were in back packs? searching.....Evidence seems to suggest that suicide belts were not in use. Only found one mention of suicide vests, but you can see pictures of the guys w/ backpacks.

" One of the terrorist bodies found by police apparently had been decapitated. Security sources said that if this is confirmed, it would point to the bomber having worn a suicide vest or having clutched his bomb close to his torso, matching a pattern commonly seen in suicide bombings in Israel and Iraq."
http://www.insightmag.com/media/pap...ur-Bomb.Suspects.Born.In.Britain-962323.shtml

"The grainy images show Hasib Hussain, 18, carrying his bomb in a military-style rucksack through Luton railway station on his way to London last Thursday."
http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1634252005

theacoustician said:
In this case try to unbrainwash them. Convince them that killing themselves will send them to hell or worse. Make friends with them. Its so much hard to kill when you see humans as people rather than targets.
Better yet, give them hope. That's all these people need.

edit: That sounds gay and pinko-liberalish, but its true.

theacoustician said:

It's not as easy as they are brainwashed. They are told from birth that their God will reward them for doing these acts. They live their lives in what we would consider hell holes and are presented this very easy way to paradise and the family they leave behind are often rewarded for their sacrafice.

Telling them differently would be like someone trying to convice you the color red is actually blue. You may eventually agree with the person but deep inside you would always think red is red.

b_sinning said:
It's not as easy as they are brainwashed. They are told from birth that their God will reward them for doing these acts. They live their lives in what we would consider hell holes and are presented this very easy way to paradise and the family they leave behind are often rewarded for their sacrafice.
Uh, not so. In fact in this case, all the bombers in London were middle class people who were mostly college educated. They had lots of friends in the community and good lives by all accounts.

I'm still having trouble w/ the suicide bomber angle. Other than just calling them a suicide bombing, I don't see anything pointing to this type of attack. Did any of them leave behind a suicide note?

I'm just having trouble w/ this one way mission thinking...From the bios they ran on these dudes they just didn't seem to be "one life" kinda guys. They seem to be more like us, modern, westernized, etc...

theacoustician said:
Uh, not so. In fact in this case, all the bombers in London were middle class people who were mostly college educated. They had lots of friends in the community and good lives by all accounts.

True in that case. Damn yuppie suicide bombers.

lemon_fresh said:
I'm still having trouble w/ the suicide bomber angle. Other than just calling them a suicide bombing, I don't see anything pointing to this type of attack. Did any of them leave behind a suicide note?

I'm just having trouble w/ this one way mission thinking...From the bios they ran on these dudes they just didn't seem to be "one life" kinda guys. They seem to be more like us, modern, westernized, etc...
One of the guys was sent back to Pakistan by his parents. Thats what fuct him up.

theacoustician said:

That's where I'm coming from...A palestinian kid living in a refugee camp, I can see where becoming a suicide bomber is a viable choice. Your life is already hell, death gets you to paradise, plus you take out a bunch of your oppressors.
This is not the case here....

Hell it just seems to fit better, they got whacked by their handler/bomb maker to close their mouths. Dead men tell no tales.