A Moment of Silence

fly said:
Although I haven't done much research, I've heard there is possibly another gospel to the Bible written by Jesus himself. Apparently, it says that God is inside all of us and no intermediary is needed. The Catholic church obviously refuses to recognize it.

This coming from a guy who has the Pope help him with his laundry.

FlyNavy said:
yeah that one tugs on the heart strings

I can only think of my son. I can hear him asking those questions and imagine the thoughts in his little head, and it just breaks my heart in half.

one of my aunt's husband is a lawyer in a lawfirm that was at WTC...he was late to work that day dropping of his young daughter at school fortunately...half my aunt's friends lost their husbands that day, the majority of which had young kids...pretty damned sad

Last edited:
http://op-for.com/2006/09/september_11th_1565.html

The fifth anniversary of September 11th 2001 is upon us. It is fitting that the day should see both a solemn remembrance of the dead and the renewal of a cold-hearted resolve to win the war that was declared on us.

There is however, another September 11th that we should also remember, and from which we can take heart in our own struggle. It is September 11th 1565; the scene was different and so were the actors too, but the nature of the battle was all too familiar. On that day, a small force of European knights and the entire population of Malta dealt Ottoman Turkey a decisive defeat, and in doing so probably saved western civilization.

click link to read rest of the story.

b_sinning said:

The fifth anniversary of September 11th 2001 is upon us. It is fitting that the day should see both a solemn remembrance of the dead and the renewal of a cold-hearted resolve to win the war that was declared on us.

There is however, another September 11th that we should also remember, and from which we can take heart in our own struggle. It is September 11th 1565; the scene was different and so were the actors too, but the nature of the battle was all too familiar. On that day, a small force of European knights and the entire population of Malta dealt Ottoman Turkey a decisive defeat, and in doing so probably saved western civilization.

good read, thanks for the link

b_sinning said:

awesome

btw
imagine Mother Teresa with a .45 and the will and skill to use it
:drool:

April23 said:
Is it possible to convert over to Islam?

What if all of America did that? The thought is making me giggle.

Down with open-mindedness! Vote yes for bigotry and hatred! Wait, no voting! Caliphate 4EVA!!