A big Thank You to theac and fly.

All out chaos (as seen at M) has to start somewhere. I *think* some see UF on that slippery slope sometimes....sometimes. It's good to have some direction to the forum so it doesn't degenerate into a spammy chaotic mess that members loose interst in.

...but that's just my 2cents.

All out chaos (as seen at M) has to start somewhere. I *think* some see UF on that slippery slope sometimes....sometimes. It's good to have some direction to the forum so it doesn't degenerate into a spammy chaotic mess that members loose interst in.

...but that's just my 2cents.

I understand.

There are some people here who are basing the impression that we are becoming [m] off of worthless threads that for the most part had no point to begin with, which isn't a fair comparison.

While I personally TRY to make intelligent threads I know I've made some dumb ones in the past, I'm human. But I also think there's nothing wrong with stupid threads where everyone goes nuts at eachother and unwinds, those threads are usually the funniest ones on the forum. The HUGE difference between here and [m] is that most of our serious threads follow one line of rational thought while EVERY thread (regardless of the topic) at [m] immediately degenerates to "omghi2ulolbbq" from the very first reply.

We're not even remotely similiar, and everyone saying we are even approaching being similiar infuriates me.

If you want a forum where every thread is overly-intelligent, pseudo-intellectual crap about world affairs, fine wines, and humanitarian efforts good luck finding one that is actually fun to read. All you'll get on a forum like that are a bunch of pompous windbags posting about how much smarter they think they are than everyone else, and nothing more.

I've shaken hands and sat at tables with most of the people here. I had two "strangers" open their home to my wife and I with no expectation of reward of any kind. I call the people on UF "friends" in the most serious use of the word I know. So when this place I call home on the internet is regularly compared to the most worthless cesspool of stupidity that has ever been constructed I take quite a large offense to it.

serios replies only im frickin crying here

Last edited:
There are some people here who are basing the impression that we are becoming [m] off of worthless threads that for the most part had no point to begin with, which isn't a fair comparison.

While I personally TRY to make intelligent threads I know I've made some dumb ones in the past, I'm human. But I also think there's nothing wrong with stupid threads where everyone goes nuts at eachother and unwinds, those threads are usually the funniest ones on the forum. The HUGE difference between here and [m] is that most of our serious threads follow one line of rational thought while EVERY thread (regardless of the topic) at [m] immediately degenerates to "omghi2ulolbbq" from the very first reply.

We're not even remotely similiar, and everyone saying we are even approaching being similiar infuriates me.

If you want a forum where every thread is overly-intelligent, pseudo-intellectual crap about world affairs, fine wines, and humanitarian efforts good luck finding one that is actually fun to read. All you'll get on a forum like that are a bunch of pompous windbags posting about how much smarter they think they are than everyone else, and nothing more.

I've shaken hands and sat at tables with most of the people here. I had two "strangers" open their home to my wife and I with no expectation of reward of any kind. I call the people on UF "friends" in the most serious use of the word I know. So when this place I call home on the internet is regularly compared to the most worthless cesspool of stupidity that has ever been constructed I take quite a large offense to it.

We're an awesome freaking forum.

We're an awesome freaking forum.

This group of people is my first choice to take to battle the invading aliens.

True, true and true. Like I said tho, imho I think sometimes things get offbalance here and we start to run amock. Some see that (at least I see it) as a slippery slope toward [M] land and none of us seem to want that. Wither or not that's truely the case I appreciate any effort made to keep that from happing here. Seems like some members may not agree with a rule or method used to do so, but shouldn't we try to be appreciative of efforts made to keep this place interesting to everyone? Because I consider a great many of you friends I am greatly disappointed that some viewed theac's regulation as something of a personal attack. The backlash that followed was disturbing to me. Perhaps I shouldn't take the internets so seriously. lol internetz.

*Except for Knyte.

Next time you have an alien problem call me. I've heard they don't like water.... :shifty:

IRL I know Knyte would provide all the destructive tools one would need to stop an invasion. But I would like to explore this water idea further, possibly a wet t-shirt competition to fend off alien invaders. Weapons test this weekend at my place?

*Except for Knyte.

Next time you have an alien problem call me. I've heard they don't like water.... :shifty:

:lol: I was about to say this same thing.

I also like the forum and it's a great place to come hang out and unwind with other adults that get me.

True, true and true. Like I said tho, imho I think sometimes things get offbalance here and we start to run amock. Some see that (at least I see it) as a slippery slope toward [M] land and none of us seem to want that. Wither or not that's truely the case I appreciate any effort made to keep that from happing here. Seems like some members may not agree with a rule or method used to do so, but shouldn't we try to be appreciative of efforts made to keep this place interesting to everyone? Because I consider a great many of you friends I am greatly disappointed that some viewed theac's regulation as something of a personal attack. The backlash that followed was disturbing to me. Perhaps I shouldn't take the internets so seriously. lol internetz.

I think the problem with theacs regulation was his attitude when he enforced it.

Instead of posting the bans in the way that he did he could've easily just said "I'm sorry guys, but I have to do something or you'll never learn." and set the bans to 24 hours, I think people would've been a lot more receptive and less angry.

Last edited:
I think the problem with theacs regulation was his attitude when he enforced it.

Instead of posting the bans in the way that he did he could've easily just said "I'm sorry guys, but I have to do something or you'll never learn." and set the bans to 24 hours, I think people would've been a lot more receptive and less angry.

You had two polite warnings and chose to ignore both of them.

Serious replies only I'm crying here

Like I said I am not looking for the next War And Peace. I am a member of small forum where the threads very rarely stay on topic. However they are not spammed nor do they degenerate into poop jokes or sexual innuendo jokes (Hetro or Homo). I will admit that this place has gotten better about the poop and sex jokes lately.

Let's not cry over spilled milk. It's all water under the bridge. Try to let bygones be bygones.

<insert other relevant cliches here>