A big Thank You to theac and fly.

i know this is old but i have to submit my $.02 here. i think part of the problem with this forum is what it is. many friends come here every single day, many times a day, to catch up, have fun, check in with everyone else. there are many casual/fluff threads/conversations here because of the frequency with which people stop in. it's become a playground for friends, which i think is a great thing. but it's impossible to have every thread a worthwhile, intelligent, serious discussion thread. i think the casual tone of many threads can easily spill into threads that might not need to be silly.

i think theac works hard to keep this place from becoming what so many of you know and dislike. i do think that sometimes he's too strong/wrong in approach, and i do think that sometimes he means well and is misunderstood. i think many sometimes don't agree, and sometimes the regulating is needed. i hope that all that is done here is done out of genuine want of a nice playground and is not intended for personal attack. i just think it's going to be hard sometimes to balance and get perfect the pendulum here.
maybe the tone of the moderators can be worked on at the same time as the attitude of members when the lines begin to get fuzzy. surely there's a way to avoid stepping on each others' toes if the intent of both is for a nice playground.

i know this is old but i have to submit my $.02 here. i think part of the problem with this forum is what it is. many friends come here every single day, many times a day, to catch up, have fun, check in with everyone else. there are many casual/fluff threads/conversations here because of the frequency with which people stop in. it's become a playground for friends, which i think is a great thing. but it's impossible to have every thread a worthwhile, intelligent, serious discussion thread. i think the casual tone of many threads can easily spill into threads that might not need to be silly.

i think theac works hard to keep this place from becoming what so many of you know and dislike. i do think that sometimes he's too strong/wrong in approach, and i do think that sometimes he means well and is misunderstood. i think many sometimes don't agree, and sometimes the regulating is needed. i hope that all that is done here is done out of genuine want of a nice playground and is not intended for personal attack. i just think it's going to be hard sometimes to balance and get perfect the pendulum here.
maybe the tone of the moderators can be worked on at the same time as the attitude of members when the lines begin to get fuzzy. surely there's a way to avoid stepping on each others' toes if the intent of both is for a nice playground.

You pinpointed the problem right there.

You pinpointed the problem right there.

it's like meeting a friend every day at work or at lunch vs. meeting someone in a business meeting. more serious things occur in a business meeting, which also happens less frequently. more fluff happens in every day conversation due to frequency. i think this is the real issue i see here.

Thanks again to those of you who kept an impartial level head about what goes on around here. Regretfully several members seem to have taken personal offence to the way things went down. It seems no matter what my hubby does around here he gets shit for it, and then continues to get shit for it because no one wants to get over it. If it were any other member everyone would brush things off and chuck it up to "a bad day" rather than hold a grudge. The backlash to his moderation of the intro threads pushed my tolerence to it's limits. Now with Knytes 'secret club' thread and his abbrasive reaction to Arátoeldar and theac's comments (which I saw as light hearted banter) my patience is gone. My husband is an wonderful man and I am tired of the label many of you have put on him rather than taking any time to know and understand him. I'm tired of your preconcieved notions of the man you think you know. If you refuse to ever let bygones be bygones then I'll see your bet and raise you my membership. For those of you with chips on your shoulder, if you don't clean up your act I'm outta here. I don't come here to watch you flame eachother. I will not sit idely by while you flame my husband or the people who stand by him.

Good day.

Thanks again to those of you who kept an impartial level head about what goes on around here. Regretfully several members seem to have taken personal offence to the way things went down. It seems no matter what my hubby does around here he gets shit for it, and then continues to get shit for it because no one wants to get over it. If it were any other member everyone would brush things off and chuck it up to "a bad day" rather than hold a grudge. The backlash to his moderation of the intro threads pushed my tolerence to it's limits. Now with Knytes 'secret club' thread and his abbrasive reaction to Arátoeldar and theac's comments (which I saw as light hearted banter) my patience is gone. My husband is an wonderful man and I am tired of the label many of you have put on him rather than taking any time to know and understand him. I'm tired of your preconcieved notions of the man you think you know. If you refuse to ever let bygones be bygones then I'll see your bet and raise you my membership. For those of you with chips on your shoulder, if you don't clean up your act I'm outta here. I don't come here to watch you flame eachother. I will not sit idely by while you flame my husband or the people who stand by him.

Good day.

I'd like to flame your husband alright. :hi2u:

Good day.

I will always have your's, theac and a couple of other poster's back. :heart:

I feel sorry for KNYTE that he cannot handle some good natured ribbing. All it it are pixels on a computer screen. If you cannot handle them. I highly suggest you log of and do something else. I will admit that I have needed to this in the past.

After all Click46 says that the interweb is serios bizness. :fly: :heart:

I will always have your's, theac and a couple of other poster's back. :heart:

Ditto on that.

I feel sorry for KNYTE that he cannot handle some good natured ribbing. All it it are pixels on a computer screen. If you cannot handle them. I highly suggest you log of and do something else. I will admit that I have needed to this in the past.

After all Click46 says that the interweb is serios bizness. :fly: :heart:

As far as this goes, If knyte took what was said personally, Id like to apologize. Twas all meant as a joke, no harm intended. As usual, my motives were misunderstood.

Anyway, ttyl, gotta take a dump.

Ditto on that.

As far as this goes, If knyte took what was said personally, Id like to apologize. Twas all meant as a joke, no harm intended. As usual, my motives were misunderstood.

Anyway, ttyl, gotta take a dump.

I didn't take what you said personally because it wasn't intended to be.

Last edited:

Good day.

I don't think that people are questioning whether or not Theac is a good guy, I think the frustration is that the moderation here is kinda becoming censorship. Just because you have the power to do something (like banning people) doesn't mean that you should.

I don't think that people are questioning whether or not Theac is a good guy, I think the frustration is that the moderation here is kinda becoming censorship. Just because you have the power to do something (like banning people) doesn't mean that you should.
*force ban*

I got distracted looking up machining specs for FR-3703 "last-a-foam".
Their site provides specs for the Fr-4515 through FR-10730 grades , but not the FR-3703 and its angryin up mah blood.

Isn't that the stuff that broke off the space shuttle and broke something recently?