A big Thank You to theac and fly.

Atan Nolme

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Karningul,Eriador, Endor
Marklar
₥432
In the Useless Members Only thread eileenbunny posted this reply to my post about the state of affairs of the Useless forum.

What would you (and others that don't like it here) like to see in the forum? I haven't figured out what is so bad about it. I don't want you to go away either, since when you do contribute it is usually good. I'm just curious, it's not like I have any control.

I like it here and I'm really happy Coqui pointed me to this place. I don't think it's like [M] because we do have good conversations and there is no flaming like you said.

http://uselessforums.com/showthread.php?p=320626#post320626

Personally I am glad for the new rule about spamming new members threads. I feel that hopefully it is the step on the long road back to why this place was created in the first place. When theac & fly set this place up not only was it supposed to be a place free of flaming. But it was supposed to be where content was king and spamming was kept to a minimum. I will be the first to admit that in school English was not forte. The worst part of it for me was creative writing. I am not looking for the next War & Peace just something with some meat on the bones. Hell I am thankful that because Nyx PMed me over at the [m] early in the forum's life. That I never had to go through the PG process.

Anther thing that irritates me it the lack of the proper use the English language. Again English was not my forte in school. But at least I make the effort to use proper grammar and spelling. Hell I'm sure the grammar nazi could find plenty of mistakes in this post. :eek:

I will just say that I can understand why people get sensory overload at some of the rambling, incoherent thoughts and conversations in some threads, and the desire for at least outsiders' introductions to UF to be structured and on target. Otherwise the perception of UF will most likely be that of every other site online: chaotic, immature and pointless.

Granted that's subjective to the person who comes here, but it seems to me that people come here after hearing about how it's NOT supposed to be chaotic, immature and pointless.

I will just say that I can understand why people get sensory overload at some of the rambling, incoherent thoughts and conversations in some threads, and the desire for at least outsiders' introductions to UF to be structured and on target. Otherwise the perception of UF will most likely be that of every other site online: chaotic, immature and pointless.

Granted that's subjective to the person who comes here, but it seems to me that people come here after hearing about how it's NOT supposed to be chaotic, immature and pointless.
Right, which is why we're trying this new rule along with a few other things (like the new skin). Its all about trying to boost membership and raise our retention rate. That's it.

*warmfuzzies* And thank you Arátoeldar for saying so. I hate it when this place gets flamey. There is another PERSON on the other side of that interenet connection. We should have some ounce of respect for eachother, just as we would appreciate being respected. :heart:

There have been times when I wished that theac would have pulled the vBull license because everything degenerated to the same BS over and over again. I love to see the community grow. I think that the new rules a good way to promote this objective.

There have been times when I wished that theac would have pulled the vBull license because everything degenerated to the same BS over and over again. I love to see the community grow. I think that the new rules a good way to promote this objective.

couldn't agree with you more. no structure= bad, as we've seen today. minimal sturcture with decent enforcement= how this place started out (which in my book = awesome).

I will be the first to admit that in school English was not forte.

Anther thing that irritates me* it the lack of the proper use the English language. Again English was not my forte in school. But at least I make the effort to use proper grammar and spelling. Hell I'm sure the grammar nazi could find plenty of mistakes in this post. :eek:

*is the lack of proper use of the

sorry but it vexed me something fierce.
:)

Anything to keep this place from becoming what the other place has become. I just grew tired of it and lost all desire to post there. I used to check it every once in a while and I don't even do that anymore.

The "other place" is NOTHING compared to this place it's fucking depressing that you people think it's going down that road.

Quit comparing the two.