9 Months Along and Missing

Killing, yes. The important question is what is being killed, because it's certainly not a human being at that point.

Since they can't prove anything, that is all left to a matter of personal opinion. I don't believe in abortion at any stage unless the mother's life is in danger.

Since they can't prove anything, that is all left to a matter of personal opinion. I don't believe in abortion at any stage unless the mother's life is in danger.

But with all due respect, do you think your opinion should be imposed on others?

To be honest, I'm fine with them overturning Roe v. Wade, because it SHOULD be a state issue anyway. I'm not okay with a federal ban tho either...

if the mother had intended to abort the baby then there is no question in my mind that it would only be one life taken...if she intended to have the baby, the intent is what solidifies it being two lives...if she hadn't been killed, that baby would have been born as she intended so there were in fact 2 lives taken

But with all due respect, do you think your opinion should be imposed on others?

To be honest, I'm fine with them overturning Roe v. Wade, because it SHOULD be a state issue anyway. I'm not okay with a federal ban tho either...

I was simply answering the question as to how I thought. If someone else wants to get an abortion, that is their choice, but I sure hope they think long and hard about it first, cause it isn't something you can ever take back or redo later in life. (And no, in this situation, I'm not pro choice. I which abortion was illegal in all 50 states except in the cases of medical necessity.)

I was simply answering the question as to how I thought. If someone else wants to get an abortion, that is their choice, but I sure hope they think long and hard about it first, cause it isn't something you can ever take back or redo later in life. (And no, in this situation, I'm not pro choice. I which abortion was illegal in all 50 states except in the cases of medical necessity.)

Abortion is frankly a necessity if we want to keep our crime rate down.

my favorite part is that people fight about Roe v Wade without really know what it says :fly: it's a hell of a lot more about doctor's rights than women's rights :lol:

but I do agree, fuck uncle sam.

At what point does it become a human being?

Good question, but the answer will involve a metaphysical debate. I don't know if I've got it in me to do that right now.

According to the priest I mentioned a few posts up human life begins at the moment the embryo would be destroyed by having a piece of it removed on account of his belief that this is when it has a soul.

That argument looses strength if you don't believe in souls.

At this point, one must try to define what makes humans human. This is like trying to push a rope up a hill.

Alternately, you can take Kiwi's approach and declare any fertilized human egg as a human being-- which makes me wonder how she feels about fertility clinics and the dozens of thousands of fertilized eggs currently languishing in freezers.

Good question, but the answer will involve a metaphysical debate. I don't know if I've got it in me to do that right now.

According to the priest I mentioned a few posts up human life begins at the moment the embryo would be destroyed by having a piece of it removed on account of his belief that this is when it has a soul.

At this point, one must try to define what makes humans human. This is like trying to push a rope up a hill.

Alternately, you can take Kiwi's approach and declare any fertilized human egg as a human being-- which makes me wonder how she feels about fertility clinics and the dozens of thousands of fertilized eggs currently languishing in freezers.

what about the fact that many eggs get fertilized but never attach themselves to the uteran wall and are then washed out when aunt flo comes into town? :fly: basically any woman that's had sex shortly before her period is a serial killer

I guess my question is for those who donb't believe this should be a double murder and for those that believe abortion is ok. At what point is it a human? At what point can the courts decide that the death of the child is actually murder?

I guess my question is for those who donb't believe this should be a double murder and for those that believe abortion is ok. At what point is it a human? At what point can the courts decide that the death of the child is actually murder?

If I had to guess-- which I have to, since I'm not bothering to do any research on this-- I'd say they draw the line on whether or not the fetus could live, unaided, outside the uterus.