[Contest] 9/11 museum gift shop

In poor taste?

• Yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Well, I'm saying it's wrong. It's a terrible thing. I hate it. I hate fear. I hate that my government is spying on me. I hate that I can't watch my loved one get on a plane. I hate taking my shoes off at the airport. I hate the increasing amount of abuse by the police that the public is having to swallow. I hate that with every law that is passed more of my freedom walks out the door and there is nothing I can do about any of it. I hate that it's going to continue because there is money to be made off of the fears of people.

you can blame the perception the media is shouting at you 24/7 more than the reality. The perception is you're told to fear, so you do.

Last edited:
you can blame the perception the media is shouting at you 24/7 more than the reality. The reality is you're told to fear, so you do.

Says the FCC spook.

attachment.php

I was sitting in an electromagnetics class, and a girl burst into the classroom and told us "a plane just hit the world trade center, they think it's a terrorist attack". Everyone in the class just looked at each other and said "holy fuck". The professor ended the lecture right there, and a bunch of us went to the campus pub after that and watched the news. Everyone was convinced WW3 was about to break out, 'cause the terrorists just kicked one hell of a hornet's nest.

The whole thing creeped me out personally - I was in NYC a month prior, and went to the WTC site. There was nothing special about September 11, it's entirely possible that the terrorists could have chose August 9 instead. To add to the creep factor, I took this picture when I was there.

eALqBLj.jpg

you can blame the perception the media is shouting at you 24/7 more than the reality. The perception is you're told to fear, so you do.

The media isn't telling me that I have to take my shoes off at the airport, that I can't fly with a bic lighter, that someone is going to take naked pictures of me before I fly, and that my family can't meet me at the gate. That's reality. The media isn't telling me that I need a passport to travel to Canada, that's reality. The media isn't telling me a lot of things. I just see them.

Is it the government or the media? I can't tell who is feeding who...

The other day I decided it was the media, because that's who controls the most money. Then I got out my tin foil hat and developed a theory about how it was the media that orchestrated 9/11. Then I put my hat away and moved on with my day. But now you know my dirty little secret.

My conspiracy theory: tin foil hats actually act as antennas, increasing the effectiveness of the government mind control rays.

I'm not really phased by 9/11 at all. It doesn't concern me much. I don't view it as unique, or shocking. It was a surprise, and rather incredible in a way, but it didn't scar me. I followed it for about a month and then it got on my nerves. I tend to view it as more of the same, something that has happened inumerable times over the millenia but this time with modern flair in America. A bunch of guys with a malicious agenda were relatively smart and got somewhat lucky. They put a lot of thought and planning into it, and executed it very well. Still, though, it should never have happened. I do think we failed miserably. I also think it will happen again eventually. And again. And again. For as long as there are people on Earth.

I also know that worse things have happened throughout human history, and my attitude is tempered by that. Worse things by a long shot. People have massacred each other in inventive and horrific ways for at least 10,000 years. Blood has saturated every continent on Earth except maybe Antarctica. It won't stop.

American slavery was at least one million times worse than 9/11, but it was cultural and prolonged so it was different somehow. And WE did that, which is awesome to me.

The Nanking massacre defied understanding. Imagine if instead of flying planes into buildings, the 9/11 crews broke into daycares and threw babies at one another, catching those babies on knives or swords while laughing and filming it. Imagine if they went through New York raping and murdering children by the hundred, and challenging each other to kill the most.

Srebrenica was more horrifying.

Just a few of a million examples of worse things that have happened. 9/11 wasn't shocking enough to dominate our sensibilities for a decade, but Americans aren't good at being victims. And we are amazingly short-sighted, self righteous and hypocritical.

The other day I decided it was the media, because that's who controls the most money. Then I got out my tin foil hat and developed a theory about how it was the media that orchestrated 9/11. Then I put my hat away and moved on with my day. But now you know my dirty little secret.

No jews or reptilians involved in these theories? Or jewish reptilians?

Not nearly cray enough.

I'm not really phased by 9/11 at all. It doesn't concern me much. I don't view it as unique, or shocking. It was a surprise, and rather incredible in a way, but it didn't scar me. I followed it for about a month and then it got on my nerves. I tend to view it as more of the same, something that has happened inumerable times over the millenia but this time with modern flair in America. A bunch of guys with a malicious agenda were relatively smart and got somewhat lucky. They put a lot of thought and planning into it, and executed it very well. Still, though, it should never have happened. I do think we failed miserably. I also think it will happen again eventually. And again. And again. For as long as there are people on Earth.

I also know that worse things have happened throughout human history, and my attitude is tempered by that. Worse things by a long shot. People have massacred each other in inventive and horrific ways for at least 10,000 years. Blood has saturated every continent on Earth except maybe Antarctica. It won't stop.

American slavery was at least one million times worse than 9/11, but it was cultural and prolonged so it was different somehow. And WE did that, which is awesome to me.

The Nanking massacre defied understanding. Imagine if instead of flying planes into buildings, the 9/11 crews broke into daycares and threw babies at one another, catching those babies on knives or swords while laughing and filming it. Imagine if they went through New York raping and murdering children by the hundred, and challenging each other to kill the most.

Srebrenica was more horrifying.

Just a few of a million examples of worse things that have happened. 9/11 wasn't shocking enough to dominate our sensibilities for a decade, but Americans aren't good at being victims. And we are amazingly short-sighted, self righteous and hypocritical.

ok liam.