• No

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
In poor taste? It just opened and is all over the news. Some families of the dead are not amused.

Last edited:
yes, but so is the gift shop at pearl harbor, the holocaust museum, the mlk center, etc etc etc

eventually people will accept it, tragedy loses its impact with age

yes, but so is the gift shop at pearl harbor, the holocaust museum, the mlk center, etc etc etc

eventually people will accept it, tragedy loses its impact with age

Are any of those explicitly for profit as opposed to being non-profit and all the money goes back into running the site? This is a for profit entity.

Are any of those explicitly for profit as opposed to being non-profit and all the money goes back into running the site? This is a for profit entity.

I have no idea. If this shop isn't putting the money back into the museum then yeah that makes it a little worse.

Don't see the issue with the museum, they've got various things on display (a destroyed fire truck, etc) which illustrate the day far better than a memorial plaque ever would. However, shit needs upkeep and staff/rent need to be paid, so charging admission and opening a gift shop makes sense to me.

However, running the thing as a for-profit entity is bloody wrong.

I already get viscerally angry when I have to walk past the memorial to get to the PATH station and see people taking selfies like they're at a Justin Bieber show, and people on the street are trying to sell me some book about it, and I still have fucking nightmares about the shit I saw there and I just can't deal. I've gone out of my way and taken different trains specifically to avoid going past it.

fuck anybody who uses tragedy as an opportunity to make a profit.

Like the entire American federal government, for example, or the military industrial complex.

no61T55.jpg

I already get viscerally angry when I have to walk past the memorial to get to the PATH station and see people taking selfies like they're at a Justin Bieber show, and people on the street are trying to sell me some book about it, and I still have fucking nightmares about the shit I saw there and I just can't deal. I've gone out of my way and taken different trains specifically to avoid going past it.

fuck anybody who uses tragedy as an opportunity to make a profit.

Ahh, NYC resident?

Ahh, NYC resident?
I lived about 2 hours north, but my family and I drove down the day after with stuff we bought/collected and helped out where we could. I was helping wash out some firefighters' eyes with water when they came out, and we had food and toiletries and fresh underwear and stuff. I wanted to do more, but I was only 14 so that wasn't going to happen.

the sights and sounds and smells and feelings are some of the toughest I've ever had to deal with.

right now I live in the part of NJ right next to NYC, so I end up over that way a lot.

I lived about 2 hours north, but my family and I drove down the day after with stuff we bought/collected and helped out where we could. I was helping wash out some firefighters' eyes with water when they came out, and we had food and toiletries and fresh underwear and stuff. I wanted to do more, but I was only 14 so that wasn't going to happen.

the sights and sounds and smells and feelings are some of the toughest I've ever had to deal with.

right now I live in the part of NJ right next to NYC, so I end up over that way a lot.

Ahh man, a day you will never forget. Im aussie, and I was crying watching it on the news. Still chokes me up. Couldn't imagine seeing what you saw :/

Ahh man, a day you will never forget. Im aussie, and I was crying watching it on the news. Still chokes me up. Couldn't imagine seeing what you saw :/

It was by far one of the worst things any of us have been thru.
I had just moved to canada, prob a year in and I was at a check out counter when the 1st plane hit and the cashier was talking about it...
I was like hmmmm so I went back home cuz I didn't need to be at work til later that day (I was in school and working, I was a good girl but I was partying alllllll the time) anyhoooo I made it home and turned tv on and was like wtfffff so I called my then BF (my exHusb) and told him ... And while sitting there on the phone watching CNN the 2nd plane hit... Omfg ... I can seriously tell you that while I was crying my ass off at the series of events unfolding before my eyes I was also shitting my pants and all I could think of was Omg we are all going to dieeeee
My mom lived in Alexandria VA and she worked in DC and took the hiway by the pentagon to work and she saw all that shit there too...

What a horrible fucking day... I hate thinking about it..

I watched second plane hit live on the news. It was surreal.

I remember watching the couple holding hands and jumping. Really fucked me up :(