Baby 4k tv. Anyone have it yet?

My point is that you're essentially looking at 1080i content and it looks beautiful. 4k is just another in a long line of diminishing returns on televisions.

tvs are no longer just a device for displaying transmitted content. Theyre the display for everything. Every electronic. Chromecast is on the latest in a long line that shows this.

Do you also deny that 4k is good for a information display in the 50 inch range?

tvs are no longer just a device for displaying transmitted content. Theyre the display for everything. Every electronic. Chromecast is on the latest in a long line that shows this.

Do you also deny that 4k is good for a information display in the 50 inch range?

Wait, what else do TVs do again other than display transmitted content?

you no what i meant. Traditional over the cable, or over the air content.

you know. TV.

rather than data based content.

Back to my main point, HOW much better is a 4k TV? And HOW much better will an 8k TV be? It's like the new camera megapixels. Or the new CPU Ghz. It really all just boils down to marketing, until we get the fucking holodeck.

fact remains, 1080p is too low for big screens. the pixel pitch gets quite large.

4k fixes that.

and that will keep the pixel pitch down until screen reach commonplace 110+ inches, but they wont reach that. So maybe it is the end.

but you know what else it allows? Glasses-free 3d. Theres finally enough pixels to do it with a screen filter with 4k.

fact remains, 1080p is too low for big screens. the pixel pitch gets quite large.

4k fixes that.

and that will keep the pixel pitch down until screen reach commonplace 110+ inches, but they wont reach that. So maybe it is the end.

but you know what else it allows? Glasses-free 3d. Theres finally enough pixels to do it with a screen filter with 4k.

Pixel size isn't a problem at home tho. It is in theaters, where I think it's used now (and probably makes a big difference).

Back to my main point, HOW much better is a 4k TV? And HOW much better will an 8k TV be? It's like the new camera megapixels. Or the new CPU Ghz. It really all just boils down to marketing, until we get the fucking holodeck.

From my own personal observation, it's considerably better visual quality. I was quite impressed with the clarity of the image.

But not $5000 worth of impressed.

that works too

3D could use more work, it's not ready for consumer use just yet

Have you seen the examples of the bullet-time replay system they have tested out for MLB, and what they will start using for some games in the NFL.

I could see that, associated with 3D, becoming some kind of draw.

I'd love to see some double blind comparisons on normal home theatre equipment.

Oh, for sure. I spent a lot of time doing side by sides before I bought my LG. Considering how anal I was over that purchase, I have no doubt i'd be a fucking jerk about buying 4K without over analyzing the concept to death for far too long and becoming a late adopter.

Interesting news that newer 3D TVs are passive, I missed that whole thing. Nice.

Couldn't be bothered to actually buy a new TV though, maybe in a few years I'll find a 3D capable roadside TV, and fix it for 5 bucks.