Food 2017 Garden Thread

speed.

It takes a LONG time to bring water back to a rolling boil inbetween batches of canning. Its just a huge volume of water. With steam canning, you're bringing 4-8 cups back to a boil, which is really quick. Processing times dont change, but pre-boiling times are 5-10X less

Mostly done salsa
342cdf2f415019cc4e32743680b85fbe.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

The rooster that has been crowing has been keeping it to between decent daylight hours and only here and there. He decided yesterday that 5:45 was a good time to start crowing and kept at it for two hours. After doing so again today we are now down one chicken. That was the motivation my husband needed to finally learn to butcher a bird. Now we'll see if the smaller rooster steps up and gets to become dinner too. Apparently the best part of the show was my 11 year old helping kill the rooster. (I didn't watch, I'm emotionally attached to these dang birds).

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and Domon
The rooster that has been crowing has been keeping it to between decent daylight hours and only here and there. He decided yesterday that 5:45 was a good time to start crowing and kept at it for two hours. After doing so again today we are now down one chicken. That was the motivation my husband needed to finally learn to butcher a bird. Now we'll see if the smaller rooster steps up and gets to become dinner too. Apparently the best part of the show was my 11 year old helping kill the rooster. (I didn't watch, I'm emotionally attached to these dang birds).
Yeah, I bet your neighbors loved that even more.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and Domon