Your favourite holiday

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,432
With Easter coming up I've been thinking 'hell yes 4 days off work in a row', and that's all that Easter means to me. I never really got any easter eggs as a child because I wasn't allowed many sweets so I never really enjoyed it very much.

I don't really enjoy Halloween very much, I completely forgot it was Halloween last year until some kids came to my door.

I don't particularly like Christmas, it's just a commerical holiday and I'm not Christian so I don't really want to be celebrating it. However, it's a good excuse to be generous to people and so that's the light I take it in. So I suppose out of all the holidays Xmas is my favourite, because people get to be made happier and I get the longest time off work. :cool:

I suppose you guys have Thanksgiving and Independance Day and such as well, which one do you prefer, and do you do anything for Easter? Did you give anything up for lent?

Do you know what lent is?

Christmas would be best in terms of days off, cause you get Christmas, Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, and New Years all in a row.

Thanksgiving is the 4th thursday so you usually get Friday off (black friday)... 4 day weekend. I hate christmas music though.

You missed Memorial Day (invented in my home-town woot). Which is another one of those long weekend ones. I dont like it though cause it's the start of summer.

4th of July = yay blowing shit up.

Labor Day too...

I like any time when it isnt a holiday. Because holidays means my ass fucking neighbors are home making noise all fucking night and their dogs are barking all night. It also means everyone else is out and about. So my favorite holiday is random unemployment going to the movies on Wensday.

Of course I know what lent is. I've never given anything up for lent though, I suppose I've been trying to quit smoking during it but that's pure coincidence. A friend of mine gave up chocolate for lent and after the 40 days she tried chocolate and couldn't stand the taste any more.

Pwnt.

I didnt eat any meat for lent. Which is the traditional way. Christian meat mind you. Cloven hooves.

I dunno, protestants do it too I think. We don't really have much of a Christian divide here, non-religious people give up things for lent because it's a good excuse. In fact I don't think country is Christian at all, I've never really met anybody I'd consider to be a real Christian, but that's just my opinion/experience.

It's called cultural christianity, you do it because it's part of your culture, not out of any devout religious belief.

My favorite holiday is Christmas and I celebrate it starting the day after Thanksgiving until the day after Christmas.

My second favorite holiday is Halloween.

labor day, independence day, and memorial day.

i like these holidays becuase there's zero work involved, and zero obligations. you don't gotta decorate, you dont gotta buy presents, you dont got some churchy thing involved, you get an extra day off and gotta do nothing in return.

on top of that, they've all turned into excuses to cookout, drink, and have a good time. and the 4th of july has the added bonus of blowing shit up!

my mom is 8 hours away so I get off the hook easy on that one...I just have to call and get my ear talked off for 45 mins

I like all the holidays, mainly because it means sometime off with my family. Unfortunatly at my job we only close on the holidays, so unless the holiday is a Saturday we never get the next day off :(

We host an Easter brunch, a 4th of July cookout and a pumpkin carving party the Saturday before Halloween. I love entertaining but our house isn't big enough for inside parties. Luckily when we move we will have alot more room for parties, maybe I will have a christmas party too!

Halloween is my favorite.

Christmas is second, but it causes me the most stress.

4th of July is third, usually because it involves a lot of beer and nudity.