You guys are nerds.

Drool-Boy said:
Yessir
Altho I have spellbound( an in-browser spell checker) working on my machine at work, but it wont work on the home machine. No idea why.

That's kinda odd...... I'm just the opposite. Shit works at home, won't work here at work.

The only thing I have installed is the tabbed browsing preferences. There are still quite a few quirks about it, but I like it overall.

We'll all be switching back to IE7 when it comes out though... :fly:

Drool-Boy said:
I liek the tabbed browsing and google toolbar at the top
You can make the address bar in IE use google for searches with a 2 second reg. hack. I never really "got" tabbed browsing.

BigDov said:
What's not to get? It's easier than having multiple brower windows open IMO.
What's so much easier about it? You tab within the browser or you tab at the task bar. Its probably the most over rated feature in computing history.

theacoustician said:
What's so much easier about it? You tab within the browser or you tab at the task bar. Its probably the most over rated feature in computing history.

Think about where I work....... think about how ass-backwards it is here sometimes...... does it start making more sense?

BigDov said:
Think about where I work....... think about how ass-backwards it is here sometimes...... does it start making more sense?
It is the best option for non-windows users. I'd be game to say that. But better than IE? With 2 minutes of reg. hacks and the install of SP2, I don't really think so. If anything, FF is just more crap you have to install. Since you can't uninstall IE, might as well use it.

theacoustician said:
It is the best option for non-windows users. I'd be game to say that. But better than IE? With 2 minutes of reg. hacks and the install of SP2, I don't really think so. If anything, FF is just more crap you have to install. Since you can't uninstall IE, might as well use it.

Fair enough. Most of my online time is here at work, and I'm forced to use it, or some other form of Mozilla, anyway.

I still won't use IE on my own machine at home, but that's only because I like FF from using it so much here. Wife's computer, IE all the way.

BigDov said:
Fair enough. Most of my online time is here at work, and I'm forced to use it, or some other form of Mozilla, anyway.

I still won't use IE on my own machine at home, but that's only because I like FF from using it so much here. Wife's computer, IE all the way.
See maybe that's the part where I'm dense. I couldn't tell any difference between IE and FF except for tab browsing. What's so much "better"? For me it wasn't faster. I haven't found a plug in worth switching. What is it?

theacoustician said:
See maybe that's the part where I'm dense. I couldn't tell any difference between IE and FF except for tab browsing. What's so much "better"? For me it wasn't faster. I haven't found a plug in worth switching. What is it?

i've gotten so used to to mouse gestures that i habitually do it in just about any other program