fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,644
Steam
mattressfish
http://www.wftv.com/news/13829776/detail.html

CAPE CORAL, Fla. -- Publix supermarket chain is going further than most retailers trying to lure shoppers into their stores with low-cost prescription drugs, announcing Monday it will offer seven antibiotics for free.

"It can't be any more affordable than free," said Gov. Charlie Crist, who went to a suburban Fort Myers Publix store to help the company announce the initiative and laud it for a "great corporate ethic."

The seven oral antibiotics, representing the most commonly filled at the chain's pharmacies, will be available at no cost to anyone with a prescription as often as they need them, Publix CEO Charlie Jenkins Jr. said. Fourteen-day supplies of the seven drugs will be available at all 684 of the chain's pharmacies in five Southern states.

The prescription antibiotics available under the program are amoxicillin, cephalexin, penicillin VK, erythromycin, ampicillin, sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim, and ciprofloxacin.

Even one of our most powerful weapons, Cipro, is on the list. Fuck Publix, fuck retarded doctors, and fuck you idiots who think you need an antibiotic every time you get a cold/flu.

So, how do you guys feel?

My throat hurts. Someone give me some antibiotics quick!

I don't understand why people don't understand how bad it is to take antibiotics if you don't absolutely need them. I don't understand why doctors would prescribe them without a good reason. I don't understand how all of this has gotten so out of control.

Most antibiotics don't work for me anymore since I've had so many of them in my life. Now every time I actually do get sick it's an expensive struggle to figure out what will work. It's scary to think that it is possible that eventually nothing will work. Why don't people get it? It's not that difficult of a concept to understand.

I think the last time I took anti-biotics was when I had my wisdom teeth removed almost a decade ago.

it's not like they're giving them away to all comers. you still need a prescription. the more dangerous culprit imo are the pharm reps who keep doctor's offices and clinics stocked with freebie giveaways that the docs then pass out like candy. doctors should be required to write prescriptions that are then filled by a pharmacist.

Last edited:
it's not like they're giving them away to all comers. you still need a prescription. the more dangerous culprit imo are the pharm reps who keep doctor's offices and clinics stocked with freebie giveaways that the docs then pass out like candy. doctors should be required to write prescriptions that are then filled by a pharmacist.

The doctor writing prescriptions and giving away the candy is where the control lies. Doc's need to be more careful.

I was looking for good old fashioned wood blocks the other day and came across, soft foam look like wood blocks. Due to things like this we have a world full of pansy kids who are sick all the time cause they never let their immune system get strong and heaven forbid we give them actual wood blocks to play with, they might get hurt. Pansies.

In other news, scientists are discovering strains of Darwinian super bacteria in swimming pools, bolstered by the constant presence of chlorine.

I was looking for good old fashioned wood blocks the other day and came across, soft foam look like wood blocks. Due to things like this we have a world full of pansy kids who are sick all the time cause they never let their immune system get strong and heaven forbid we give them actual wood blocks to play with, they might get hurt. Pansies.

Awesome.

Now please talk to all the other moms who won't leave the doctor's office without a pill for their kid. Thanks.

That chain is run entirely by racists and bigots, from regional directors to store managers. I will never shop there again.

i think they get sloppy when there isn't a paper trail leading back to their script pad.

The stuff we get samples of are not hard drugs. None of them are controlled substances. I'd bet more than half of the scripts your doctor's office fills are done verbally by their staff.