Xbox 360 thread

theacoustician said:
Well, here's the thing : you don't have to use them. There are free alternatives that work just as well. MS doesn't actually force you to use anything. They just use their market position to advertise and hope they can keep you from looking for alternatives. With Sony, there is no other option possible. I see what you're saying and I agree its somewhat wrong. I just think MS is doing it to a lesser extent than Sony.

Ok... I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. It looks to me like Microsoft was merely successfull at what you are saying Sony is trying to do. Maybe if IP laws weren't as they are, I'd agree with you. However, Microsoft can easily put some crappy encryption on there and if you break it to use with another system, they can sue. :) Not that I see them sueing individuals, but if you try to make something that can stream to the xbox without paying royalties to Microsoft... Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I don't see how this sounds far fetched at all.

Back to better topics, though. Backwards compatible? I'm guessing not, at this point.

theacoustician said:
Am I the only person on earth who really isn't that enamored with Halo?
halo is a one trick pony. whoopie shit, it's a mediocre fps for a console. i'd rather play quake 1 than halo any day of the week.

taeric said:
Back to better topics, though. Backwards compatible? I'm guessing not, at this point.

According to a gamespot article I just read, it will be backwards compatible. At least that was the intimation at ourcolony.

ChikkenNoodul said:
:lol:

You bought yourself a Northland?

I live in the Northland. I bought us a Kenmore, though. Its black and has blue-white lights in the ice dispenser...:drool:

F33nX said:
halo is a one trick pony. whoopie shit, it's a mediocre fps for a console. i'd rather play quake 1 than halo any day of the week.

FPS's aren't just about the multiplayer. Halo had a great plot and awesome cooperative play.

smileynev said:
I live in the Northland. I bought us a Kenmore, though. Its black and has blue-white lights in the ice dispenser...:drool:
Ah, that's the one made by KitchenAid - We finally settled on the same KitchenAid we had before, the counter depth 25.5cuft stainless steel side by side.

It's been updated with the better ice holder and those blue lights on the outside :drool:

The CFO nixed the idea of getting the cobalt blue Viking :(

ChikkenNoodul said:
Ah, that's the one made by KitchenAid - We finally settled on the same KitchenAid we had before, the counter depth 25.5cuft stainless steel side by side.

It's been updated with the better ice holder and those blue lights on the outside :drool:

The CFO nixed the idea of getting the cobalt blue Viking :(

:D.

We should have gotten a counterdepth. Ours sticks out to the point that you have very little wiggle room to walk between it and the island.

F33nX said:
i realize that they're not just mp games. i really couldn't get into the halo plot, at all.

Well thats your problem.

FOR BEING LAME

theacoustician said:
"The Revolution is the size of 3 DVD cases stacked together"

What the holy hell.

Thats pretty freaking skinny. Sounds like it'll be smaller then the cube.