Xbox 360 thread

That was odd. It showed elpmis with the 99th post, but I couldn't see it.

elpmis said:
you watch it yet?
Yeah, very interesting.

1. All games are HD and surround sound. ABOUT FUCKING TIME
2. The thing is watercooled. Dayum.
3. Its actually not the size of a coffee table.
4. The whole "game community" thing sounds a whole lot like what N has been preaching for a while as their main drive. The game is almost unimportant as long as you it connects with you and your friends and you have fun. Very interesting.

smileynev said:
That was odd. It showed elpmis with the 99th post, but I couldn't see it.
yeah I couldn't see post 101 until I made post 102 - so I actually thought that it didn't process, so I basically posted the same thing in 102 that I had for 101

then I ninja'd it

theacoustician said:
Yeah, very interesting.

1. All games are HD and surround sound. ABOUT FUCKING TIME
2. The thing is watercooled. Dayum.
3. Its actually not the size of a coffee table.
4. The whole "game community" thing sounds a whole lot like what N has been preaching for a while as their main drive. The game is almost unimportant as long as you it connects with you and your friends and you have fun. Very interesting.
yeah I thought it was a great video

they should have just showed that video on MTV and left it at that

penny arcade is so money:

So how about that Xbox 360? I am assuming that everyone watched the MTV show last night and I am also assuming that we all agree it was garbage. The important thing to understand here is that, much like Twisp and Catsby that show was not for us. When I say us I am referring to the hardcore. The sorts of people who perhaps downloaded a torrent of last nights MTV show. The sorts of people who had to call their cable company to find out what channel MTV was on. The sorts of people who had their Tivo or media PC grab the show for them so that they could watch it at their leisure. Last nights unveiling of the Xbox 360 was not for us it was for the people who were already watching MTV. It's true, there are human beings out there who watch MTV in the same way your mom might watch ABC. Sitting through show after show and watching as rides are pimped and celebrities are punked. Last nights show was for them and when you look at it that way I have to say I think the show was a success. I cannot imagine those sorts of people not being entertained for the entire 30 minutes by the flashing lights and famous people. Gaming is cool now. Isn't that awesome.

-Gabe out :o:

elpmis said:
penny arcade is so money:

So how about that Xbox 360? I am assuming that everyone watched the MTV show last night and I am also assuming that we all agree it was garbage. The important thing to understand here is that, much like Twisp and Catsby that show was not for us. When I say us I am referring to the hardcore. The sorts of people who perhaps downloaded a torrent of last nights MTV show. The sorts of people who had to call their cable company to find out what channel MTV was on. The sorts of people who had their Tivo or media PC grab the show for them so that they could watch it at their leisure. Last nights unveiling of the Xbox 360 was not for us it was for the people who were already watching MTV. It's true, there are human beings out there who watch MTV in the same way your mom might watch ABC. Sitting through show after show and watching as rides are pimped and celebrities are punked. Last nights show was for them and when you look at it that way I have to say I think the show was a success. I cannot imagine those sorts of people not being entertained for the entire 30 minutes by the flashing lights and famous people. Gaming is cool now. Isn't that awesome.

-Gabe out :o:

I watch MTV...:(

I love how PA tells it like it is.

I missed the unveiling cause I knew it would be crap...anything about video games that's not on G4/TechTV is going to be shit (Spike TV Video Game Awards anyone?)...even TechTV is starting to slip these days.

Can't watch the video posted at work...but the thing is going to be water cooled? Geez. Is it true it's not going to come with a harddrive either? That you have to buy that seperately?

Of the screenshots I've seen the graphics don't look like much of an improvement over current games. I could live with the graphics we've seen on the Xbox for some time, honestly. I really wanted to see some hardcore, Shrek/Animatrix type graphics (in game, mind you) on the next generation consoles. I know the technology isn't there yet, but that's where I'm expecting it to go in the future.

I still think it's too soon for another round of next generation consoles...although the PS2 is showing it's age.

Millions said:
I love how PA tells it like it is.

I missed the unveiling cause I knew it would be crap...anything about video games that's not on G4/TechTV is going to be shit (Spike TV Video Game Awards anyone?)...even TechTV is starting to slip these days.

Can't watch the video posted at work...but the thing is going to be water cooled? Geez. Is it true it's not going to come with a harddrive either? That you have to buy that seperately?

Of the screenshots I've seen the graphics don't look like much of an improvement over current games. I could live with the graphics we've seen on the Xbox for some time, honestly. I really wanted to see some hardcore, Shrek/Animatrix type graphics (in game, mind you) on the next generation consoles. I know the technology isn't there yet, but that's where I'm expecting it to go in the future.

I still think it's too soon for another round of next generation consoles...although the PS2 is showing it's age.
i dunno man, I think G4 and TechTv game reviews have been pretty lame too, always.

elpmis said:
i dunno man, I think G4 and TechTv game reviews have been pretty lame too, always.

I remember signing some thing at G4's website before they merged with TechTV asking that directv start carrying them. Now that they have merged, TechTV has gone down the poophole. I could do a better job of running that channel.

elpmis said:

Really? I think their reviews are pretty decent. I mainly agree with the Xplay folks and Victor Lukas (Tommy Tollerico can suck it)...but other then that you're right. Screensavers (Attack of the Show...whatever they're calling it this week) sucks now.

And didn't they used to have shows about, you know...tech stuff on Tech-TV? Now it's all video games and anime. Crappy anime to boot.

Millions said:
Really? I think their reviews are pretty decent. I mainly agree with the Xplay folks and Victor Lukas (Tommy Tollerico can suck it)...but other then that you're right. Screensavers (Attack of the Show...whatever they're calling it this week) sucks now.

And didn't they used to have shows about, you know...tech stuff on Tech-TV? Now it's all video games and anime. Crappy anime to boot.
the old school Screensaves was great, I miss it :(