worst inbox on the forum?

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
I have 4814 items in my work inbox...jebus, gonna take forever to clean this shit out
am I the worst offender here? let's hear where you're at

I'm nowhere near as bad as you guys....... I've only got 1950 in my inbox, 12000+ in all mailboxes :)

Quota
Your system administrator may limit the amount of disk space available for mail storage.

Your mailbox disk quota is: 2048MB
Your current disk consumption is: 338MB

Your message quota is: Not Limited
Your current message count is: 12283

BigDov said:
I'm nowhere near as bad as you guys....... I've only got 1950 in my inbox, 12000+ in all mailboxes :)

Quota
Your system administrator may limit the amount of disk space available for mail storage.

Your mailbox disk quota is: 2048MB
Your current disk consumption is: 338MB

Your message quota is: Not Limited
Your current message count is: 12283
must be nice. we only get 50mb for our mailbox. The rest has to be moved into personal folders on our local computers. Our admins don't believe in buying enough disk to hold everything. Our mailserver only has about 60GB of disk in it. :(

CletusJones said:
must be nice. we only get 50mb for our mailbox. The rest has to be moved into personal folders on our local computers. Our admins don't believe in buying enough disk to hold everything. Our mailserver only has about 60GB of disk in it. :(
I think our quotas are 250MB or something, but they're soft - we just get alerts, I've got something like 600MB. My boss has well over a gig :fly:

Of course our email is on two EMC Symmetrix's :hi2u:

CletusJones said:

This is our new limit too- we used to be able to consume up to 10gb per employee :)

ChikkenNoodul said:
I think our quotas are 250MB or something, but they're soft - we just get alerts, I've got something like 600MB. My boss has well over a gig :fly:

Of course our email is on two EMC Symmetrix's :hi2u:
I wish our quotas were soft. If I get to 49mb I get a warning and then when I get to 50mb I get another notice telling me that I'm at my limit and my mailbox has been disabled and will be disabled until I shrink it to within acceptable limits.

"regular" employees get 50mb (including IT staff unfortunately)
officers get 250mb
executives get whatever they want - no quotas.

CletusJones said:
I wish our quotas were soft. If I get to 49mb I get a warning and then when I get to 50mb I get another notice telling me that I'm at my limit and my mailbox has been disabled and will be disabled until I shrink it to within acceptable limits.

"regular" employees get 50mb (including IT staff unfortunately)
officers get 250mb
executives get whatever they want - no quotas.

We've got assholes around here that send 50mb's worth of attachments.......

so what is the composition of the emails in the inbox numbering 17,000? how long have they been there? what kind of emails are they? are they all business-related? this just blows my mind that all you guys, who range in careers, have such an outstanding number of emails. what's the ratio here, as in, how many emails per day/per week is average? i'm just amazed by this thread.

Thorn Bird said:
so what is the composition of the emails in the inbox numbering 17,000? how long have they been there? what kind of emails are they? are they all business-related? this just blows my mind that all you guys, who range in careers, have such an outstanding number of emails. what's the ratio here, as in, how many emails per day/per week is average? i'm just amazed by this thread.

On a slow day, I'll get 150 new emails. At certain points in our quarters, I'll see upwards of 300, at least 99% of those are work related. As far as what I've kept, some of them are important staff-related things, others are issues that I need to keep info/evidence on, and some are personal.

BigDov said:
We've got assholes around here that send 50mb's worth of attachments.......
We've got those same asshats working here. My favorite are the ones who send inline images in HTML emails. Those are the best since they cause our email client (outlook) to lock while the data is being transferred across the network from the mailserver that's 100 miles away.

CletusJones said:
We've got those same asshats working here. My favorite are the ones who send inline images in HTML emails. Those are the best since they cause our email client (outlook) to lock while the data is being transferred across the network from the mailserver that's 100 miles away.

We're all using Mozilla mail or Thunderbird, or some derivative of whatever version of Mozilla each user is using. We don't seem to have those issues...... might take a couple seconds for the message to open, but it doesn't hobble the client.