Workout Thread

Both excellent ideas!!!! Can I just use my dingle berries instead of marbles though?
that way you can save money by making your own.

fast walking is good. running is good. biking is good. no one is particularly better since you can walk hard and bike easy or vice versa. if walking gets easy, run. if running gets easy, bike. if biking gets easy, run. mix it up.

that way you can save money by making your own.

fast walking is good. running is good. biking is good. no one is particularly better since you can walk hard and bike easy or vice versa. if walking gets easy, run. if running gets easy, bike. if biking gets easy, run. mix it up.

My fast walking leaves me in pain so I guess I will stick with that for now. I dont have any good shoes for actual working out so I have been wearing a comfy pair of boots. I have skate shoes but they are not really made for walking. I really need a skateboard

skate shoes are good for hacking. find yourself a corner and hack for 20 minutes, that's a good workout.

if you can wear 12's I have some shoes I could give you. i am a shoe wh0re.

any time you can get over to the house I can show you several different ways to get a good workout.. that didn't come out right.

maybe I can come to your crib. i'm still down for some tennis or something if you're interested. and this chick at work just asked me to sign up for a kickball league, LOL. maybe we could use you.

if you can wear 12's I have some shoes I could give you. i am a shoe wh0re.

any time you can get over to the house I can show you several different ways to get a good workout.. that didn't come out right.

maybe I can come to your crib. i'm still down for some tennis or something if you're interested. and this chick at work just asked me to sign up for a kickball league, LOL. maybe we could use you.

You know my 2 major problems... no car, no money!

I do have a couple tennis rackets though if you want to go play sometime. There is a couple places right by me and I am all for kickball but again, you would have to scoop me up. :eek:

Edit - I wear 11's, think 12s would fall off but I appreciate the offer!

Last edited:
Is biking more of a workout then fast walk? I figured the bike you would relax more and not be as constantly worked out.

Well, you said that you wanted something for the upper body as well. Biking isn't a huge upper body workout, but you do work your arms and core while riding.

As for whether it's a better workout than walking? I guess it depends on how hard you ride.

that's a distant scoop. but I might could come over on weekends to play. you any good? and by good I mean consistently hit it back. tried playing with the wife, and though i'm no agassi, I get frustrated if the ball doesn't regularly come back over the net. not much of a workout.

wear 2 pairs of socks pimp. :hay:

Walking is more convenient, and you have more freedom of movement. You can walk wherever. Bikes are generally restricted to roads, sidewalks, and inside shopping malls with wheezing, red-faced security guards.

that's a distant scoop. but I might could come over on weekends to play. you any good? and by good I mean consistently hit it back. tried playing with the wife, and though i'm no agassi, I get frustrated if the ball doesn't regularly come back over the net. not much of a workout.

wear 2 pairs of socks pimp. :hay:

I haven't played tennis for like 8+ years so I dunno mang. I used to play all the time when I was young and have good coordination so I am sure I would do fine. Might take me a couple to get used to it though and I dont think I could serve a perfect straight shot ace, if that is what you are asking :p

Well, you said that you wanted something for the upper body as well. Biking isn't a huge upper body workout, but you do work your arms and core while riding.

As for whether it's a better workout than walking? I guess it depends on how hard you ride.

I dont have a bike so I guess its not really an option anyways. I will load up a backpack tonight and do my normal 2 miles, see how it goes.

Walking is more convenient, and you have more freedom of movement. You can walk wherever. Bikes are generally restricted to roads, sidewalks, and inside shopping malls with wheezing, red-faced security guards.

reminds me of my skateboarding days. If you dont want skateboarders to skate the mall, do not let them open a professional skate shop beside the mall :fly:

I dont have a bike so I guess its not really an option anyways. I will load up a backpack tonight and do my normal 2 miles, see how it goes.

if you've only been at it 2 wks or less i wouldn't do the weighted backpack. being miserably sore will keep you from going tomorrow. and that's not the goal from what I read.

no aces necc pimp.

One of the malls near my house has a skate park inside. Somehow I haven't seen skaters in the food court yet.

if you've only been at it 2 wks or less i wouldn't do the weighted backpack. being miserably sore will keep you from going tomorrow. and that's not the goal from what I read.

no aces necc pimp.

Yeah, maybe I will hold that off til next week then. I am going to up my game tonight though and shoot for an extra mile. Just gotta map it out... does anyone remember that site that showed how far it was walking distance and you could map it out??? Ill start googlin

One of the malls near my house has a skate park inside. Somehow I haven't seen skaters in the food court yet.

Because they have a place to skate! Largo is nice like that too. We have a city skate park right down the street and a private owned one the opposite way. Instead of looking at them as law breaking scum, they looked at them as kids looking for somewhere to enjoy what they do. CRAZY!!!!

I wonder if Tampa still has the law against skateboarding. Its like saying "sorry you cannot ride your bike" or "no roller blades allowed".

dunno how fast you're walking but a brisk pace is very, very important.

you should try to cover that 2 miles in 30 minutes. once you're doing that do 3 in 45. 15min/mile is a good pace.

why am i repeating all the other stuff from the other thread.

out.

dunno how fast you're walking but a brisk pace is very, very important.

you should try to cover that 2 miles in 30 minutes. once you're doing that do 3 in 45. 15min/mile is a good pace.

why am i repeating all the other stuff from the other thread.

out.

It takes me 20 minutes to do a mile, or maybe a tad less. That is about as fast as I can handle right now. I walked a slower one the other day and sped it up the last couple times, the 2 miles hurts at the pace I am going. It was freezing outside and when I got home I was soaked, so I believe I am doing fine.

in.