Workout Thread

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
Now that I have accomplished one major goal in my life by quitting the cancer sticks I would like to concentrate back on losing weight. I have figured out that rapid weight loss and super strict dieting is just not for me. I find that I lose more weight by slowly working it off and doing things at my pace, for now anyways. When I start losing my weight and can become more active then I will put a harder push on things, much like I did to quit smoking.

Currently I am walking 2 miles a day at a medium pace, not walking but also not a jog. I want to start doing something in the mornings as well but I figured I would consult UF Awesomeness to get some ideas for tomorrow. At first I figured I could just wake up and do 2 miles in the morning as well. That way I am doing ~4 miles a day but that seems like to much leg work and not enough upper body. My main goal right now is to just lose weight at any speed that it comes. I have cut my food intake back down to soup only, healthy soup sans sodium.

What do you guys think? What are some things I, being a fat and lazy person, should try? Keep in mind that I have no money right now so if it involves buying something, its not for me.

I am also willing to accept donations such as a used skateboard or dumbass bells!!! hehe Man I really need a skateboard, I would go out every freakin day. As soon as I make some loot I am heading out to buy a deck!

Rapid weight loss and super strict dieting don't work. 99% of the time it causes the person to become disheartened at the lack of results and start snarfing down stuffed crust pizza because hey, fuck it.

Rapid weight loss and super strict dieting don't work. 99% of the time it causes the person to become disheartened at the lack of results and start snarfing down stuffed crust pizza because hey, fuck it.
i go for freschetta with lots of ranch.

Is 2 miles a day going to produce results or do I need to up my game? I can probably handle 3 so I will shoot for that. I just dont know how much it is going to help cause I hear walking is kinda pointless.

I periodically go a couple months working out when I feel the need and this works great for me and only takes a few minutes a day...day 1 do as many pushups consecutively as you can...do the same for bicycle stomach crunches...every day add just one more to each and in 2 -3 months you are able to crank out quite a number of both...I usually do it m-f when I get up right before I hit the shower

I periodically go a couple months working out when I feel the need and this works great for me and only takes a few minutes a day...day 1 do as many pushups consecutively as you can...do the same for bicycle stomach crunches...every day add just one more to each and in 2 -3 months you are able to crank out quite a number of both...I usually do it m-f when I get up right before I hit the shower

Yeah, I was thinking about doing something along these lines right when I wake up. I think I may look back into that 100 push up challenge thing too.

I dont think I can do a crunch :eek:

You could always wear a backpack filled with heavy objects for your walk. That'd up the game a bit. Or bicycling... provided you have access to a bicycle.

Yeah, I think Sarcasmo said that the other day. I will do this tonight, I think I have 1 30 pound dumbbell that I can use. I dont have a bike :(

Is biking more of a workout then fast walk? I figured the bike you would relax more and not be as constantly worked out.

If you can get some cheap dumb bells, I can give ya the P90x stuffs. I really should stop whoring it, but the stuff is good. And its always different stuff, so you aren't so bored.

If you can get some cheap dumb bells, I can give ya the P90x stuffs. I really should stop whoring it, but the stuff is good. And its always different stuff, so you aren't so bored.

That would be cool, I cant afford shit right now though. I dont even have $1 to my name