Work Rant Thread

Yeah but why would the electrical utility be installing a NID. Or awit, LEC... So why would the NEC regulate low voltage wiring o_O
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/tex...v8&view=text&node=7:11.1.2.1.24.0.2.31&idno=7

edit: http://www.psihq.com/iread/strpgrnd.htm

Phone companies are considered a utility so they fall under the NEC, if I am not mistaken. Same with the cable companies. They too also have to follow NEC grounding codes.
Dish/Directv I don't believe have to follow NEC grounding codes but they ought to. Grounds are to protect the customer, so it is an important safety feature. That's what a lot of the NEC covers, safety.

Last edited:
Interesting. Most of the electrical stuff i've done is service drops and motor circuits. Is why I was confused when you mentioned the utility installing something. For electric they never do any installing, you set up the entire service drop and all they do is connect it. No ground rod and they would just leave and youd have to set up another appointment.

Drawings with metric dimensions always freak me out for a moment, cuz I see a dimension like "801.9" and I think SHIT THATS HUEG! Then I convert it and find its only 31 inches and change.
Plus chinese characters look completely out of place on an engineering drawing, like someones kid drew a bunch of crap on there for daddy.

Drawings with metric dimensions always freak me out for a moment, cuz I see a dimension like "801.9" and I think SHIT THATS HUEG! Then I convert it and find its only 31 inches and change.
Plus chinese characters look completely out of place on an engineering drawing, like someones kid drew a bunch of crap on there for daddy.

Working for the Red Chinese these days?

You did work for NASA, so double check your conversion...