words that should die a horrible fiery death

"I could care less" is acceptable to me, though not to the missus.

It's more of a statment than "I couldn't care less." The absence of a qualifier makes it seem wrong.

"Wanna go to an Atlanta Hawks game?"
"I could care less about basketball but I don't wanna waste the energy."

It can also be used sarcastically to mean the same thing as "I couldn't care less."

i.e. "I could care less. Really, I could." or "Like I could [possibly] care less."

But people definately fuck it up big time. They often have no concept of inflection and intonation and how important they are to the message they're conveying.

That said, I hate:
ointment
appointment
annoint
anything with that "oint" sound, it's ridiculous-ugly
words with awkward letter combinations, like my name, Courtney, has an "rtn" combo that's unfortunately awkward to form, both vocally (unless you don't actually enunciate the T and let the cutoff of the "cour" stand as the first emphasized syllable) and in ASL (eventually you get used to it, but I'll be damned if it doesn't fuck you up the first few times :()

It can also be used sarcastically to mean the same thing as "I couldn't care less."

i.e. "I could care less. Really, I could." or "Like I could [possibly] care less."

But people definately fuck it up big time. They often have no concept of inflection and intonation and how important they are to the message they're conveying.

That said, I hate:
ointment
appointment
annoint
anything with that "oint" sound, it's ridiculous-ugly
words with awkward letter combinations, like my name, Courtney, has an "rtn" combo that's unfortunately awkward to form, both vocally (unless you don't actually enunciate the T and let the cutoff of the "cour" stand as the first emphasized syllable) and in ASL (eventually you get used to it, but I'll be damned if it doesn't fuck you up the first few times :()
ASL?

yep.
edit: the u to r might actually be a bit more awkward than the rtn because u is pointer and middle fingers straight up (like boy scout salute) and then r is your fingers crossed, so you have to take a moment and like bounce the hand to show that you definately mean the u, and you didn't just slowly roll into an r.

Last edited:
there's a high school in my hometown that is Brewer. Many call it "Burr" High School. I say it to make fun of the people who can't say it correctly. Matter of fact, all the city kids said it that way in jest. It was the county folk who weren't kidding when they'd say Burr High. Is this how you say it?