Windows 7 Beta Now Available

when is that expected? what about this are you most looking forward to?
They said they have to add infrastructure first due to high demand. I was able to download it before they shut it down. And I'm not really sure what I'm looking for other than something that's prettier than Vista with the performance as good or better than XP - and apparently that's exactly what it delivers.
Don't you have to register somewhere so they send you one? I don't think they're putting it up on the public website.

Yeah, they haven't put up the key registration site yet either. It can still be installed for 120 days without a key tho.

Last edited:
They said they have to add infrastructure first due to high demand. I was able to download it before they shut it down. And I'm not really sure what I'm looking for other than something that's prettier than Vista with the performance as good or better than XP - and apparently that's exactly what it delivers.

Yeah, they haven't put up the key registration site yet either. It can still be installed for 120 days without a key tho.

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/01/10/1943242&from=rss
gleaned from these comments.

It looks like they're assigning keys from a small pool so they're not unique for each person/installation. Both the 32 and 64 bit ISOs are also everywhere, so you can grab any torrent (the hashes match) and then try to register with one of the following keys:
7XRCQ-RPY28-YY9P8-R6HD8-84GH3
RFFTV-J6K7W-MHBQJ-XYMMJ-Q8DCH
482XP-6J9WR-4JXT3-VBPP6-FQF4M
D9RHV-JG8XC-C77H2-3YF6D-RYRJ9
JYDV8-H8VXG-74RPT-6BJPB-X42V4
4HJRK-X6Q28-HWRFY-WDYHJ-K8HDH
QXV7B-K78W2-QGPR6-9FWH9-KGMM7
6JKV2-QPB8H-RQ893-FW7TM-PBJ73
GG4MQ-MGK72-HVXFW-KHCRF-KW6KY
TQ32R-WFBDM-GFHD2-QGVMH-3P9GC
Of course, the public beta won't get you any free stuff from MS for bug reports so you might as well just rearm it a couple of times and then get the RTM version or install GNU/Linux in disgust.

:lol:

windows_7.png

there's a good thread on getting it running on genmay
[ame="http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=806799"]The Official Windows 7 Thread - General [M]ayhem[/ame]

my xp install is starting to get lame. as long as autocad will run on windows 7 i'll give it a shot. think there's any chance it wouldn't work?

my xp install is starting to get lame. as long as autocad will run on windows 7 i'll give it a shot. think there's any chance it wouldn't work?

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/btl/3188659474/"]Windows 7 Beta with AutoCAD 2009 Installed on Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

anyone have a link to this download that doesn't require I sign into hotmail or windows messenger? I am signed up for neither

i want! i want!

if it's good, i'll fucking buy it when it comes out.

going to install the beta once i get finished with some work i have backed up at home.

Has anyone installed this copy on a main PC??? I was going to install it on my bedroom one but it has way to much stuff on it right now. Should I put this on my main computer? It has Vista on it now and its starting to get a little rough around the edges. What do you think?

Has anyone installed this copy on a main PC??? I was going to install it on my bedroom one but it has way to much stuff on it right now. Should I put this on my main computer? It has Vista on it now and its starting to get a little rough around the edges. What do you think?

I'm going to try it on my main home laptop which is all I currently use at home