Will you please stop polluting?

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
So it is supposed to hit a heat index of 111F today, hitting record highs along with 95% humidity. Transformers at power stations are blowing in these conditions so a lot of people are out of power, so that means no AC.

Can you all please stop polluting so global warming can reverse itself?

:heart:

You'll be singing a different tune come winter. When I see two feet of snow on the ground I stand outside with an aresol can spraying into the air. Fuck the grandkids, I'm cold now.

Nope. I like snow. I can always put on more clothing to get warm. I can't take off more clothing to get cool.

FlyNavy said:
You'll be singing a different tune come winter. When I see two feet of snow on the ground I stand outside with an aresol can spraying into the air. Fuck the grandkids, I'm cold now.
I was watching some special on global warming and they actually had some old eskimo dude on that was all happy about global warming. When they asked him why, he said "Because I've been cold for 80 years and its finally warm!". I had to laugh.

But back to the thread. Instead of telling everyone else what they should be doing, ask yourself what are you doing to pollute less?

I can't stand the heat index or wind chill factor. Just tell me what the fucking temperature is outside. I'll decide for myself what it FEELS like, dammit!

why_ask_why said:
transformers don't blow up in the south mutherfucker....WHO WON THE WAR NOW???

:D
:lol::lol::lol: u rok

itburnswhenipee said:
I can't stand the heat index or wind chill factor. Just tell me what the fucking temperature is outside. I'll decide for myself what it FEELS like, dammit!
I'd like the heat index to use things we can relate to. Sure it's 94 and feels like 107 but I would find it more accurate if it was

hothuevos.JPG

Last edited:
theacoustician said:
I was watching some special on global warming and they actually had some old eskimo dude on that was all happy about global warming. When they asked him why, he said "Because I've been cold for 80 years and its finally warm!". I had to laugh.

But back to the thread. Instead of telling everyone else what they should be doing, ask yourself what are you doing to pollute less?
1. I do not travel nearly as much as I do. less than 12000 miles a year instead of 26000.
2. I turn off the lights when I don't use them.
3. I have only turned on the AC for the first time this year in my room just two days ago, so I was suffering all before then. And it is set for 75.
4. I don't run my AC in my car, mainly because it doesn't work.

why_ask_why said:
transformers don't blow up in the south mutherfucker....WHO WON THE WAR NOW???

:D
The south also doesn't get -20F in the winter, putting temperature stresses on the components

itburnswhenipee said:
96F with 95% humidity

b_sinning said:
It's been a long hot summer.

were you hinting at this? if so, spectacular song

SHOW US A LONG
LONG, LONG HOT SUMMER NIGHT
AS FAR AS MY EYES COULD SEE
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH
WELL MY HEART WAS WAY DOWN
COLD COLD WINTER STONE
WELL MY DARLIN' WHERE CAN YOU BE
WHERE CAN YOU BE BABY
WHERE CAN YOU BE

THERE WERE THREE SUGAR CANE WALLS
AND TWO CANDY CANE WINDOWS
BUT THE SILLYEST MOVE WELTED ALL THOSE INSIDE
WELL EVERYBODY'S ON FIRE, BUT ITS
A SNOWIN' IN A COLD BLIZZARD

WHERE ARE YOU IN THIS A HOT COLD SUMMER?
GOD, GOD, GOD

AROUND ABOUT THIS TIME THE TELEPHONE
BLEW ITS HORN ACROSS THE ROOM
SCARED LITTLE ANNIE
CLEAN OUT OF HER MIND
OUT OF HER MIND

AND GRABBED LITTLE ANNIE FROM THE SINK JUST IN TIME
AND THE TELEPHONE JUST KEEPS ON SCREAMIN'
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH

"HELLO," SAID MY SHAKY VOICE
"WELL, HOW YOU DOING"
I STARTED TO STUTER
AH, AH, CAN'T YOU TELL THAT I'M DOIN' FINE
CAN'T YOU TELL I'M DONIN' FINE
IT WAS MY BABY TALKIN'
WAY DOWN ACROSS THE BORDER
SHE SAYS "I'M GOIN' TO HURRY TO YA, I'VE BEEN A FOOL,
AND I'M TIRED OF CRYIN'"
AH, AH,
YEAH

I SAID A LONG
LONG, HOT SUMMER NIGHT
AS FAR AS MY EYES COULD SEE
AS FAR AS MY EYES
I COULD FEEL THE HEAT COMIN' ON
AS MY BABY'S GETTEN CLOSER
I'M SO GLAD MY BABY'S COMIN' TO RESCUE ME
SO GLAD MY BABY'S COMIN' TO RESCUE ME
MY BABY'S COMIN' TO RESCUE ME
RESCUE
RESCUE

dbzeag said:
1. I do not travel nearly as much as I do. less than 12000 miles a year instead of 26000.
2. I turn off the lights when I don't use them.
3. I have only turned on the AC for the first time this year in my room just two days ago, so I was suffering all before then. And it is set for 75.
4. I don't run my AC in my car, mainly because it doesn't work.

Do you buy green? What type of cleaning products and pesticides do you use? Do you compost? How long are your showers? When you wash clothes/dishes do you only run full loads? Do you flush the toilet every time you pee? What type of car do you drive? Do you have Energy Star appliences? Do you use compact florecence or regular bulbs? Do you recycle? Do you support conservation iniatives in your area? Do you shop at farmers markets or at the food mall?

Edit: Conservation takes effort. Unless your are doing more you are not doing enough.

Last edited: