Why my bank holiday was ruined

I think you should take most 'factual' books you read with a pinch of salt, pretend they're written by Michael Moore. Yeah Al Gore is a dick, and some people might be making money etc., but the guy who wrote that book, is he being paid to make people think climate change doesn't exist etc? Works both ways really.

So you are denying that it happens?

Michael Moore :barf:

If they have that much laundry to do, the time involved with hanging it up outside and taking it all back in, watching the weather like a hawk, and so on doesn't remotely make up for the mere pittance of a savings in my opinion.

How exactly can somebody have that much laundry when it's just them and their husband? That's one thing I don't get. And we're talking £1500 a year, that's a massive holiday or something per year that they could save if they could be bothered to walk into their garden for a few months a year. They asked how to save the moeny, they just didn't want to make the effort.

How exactly can somebody have that much laundry when it's just them and their husband? That's one thing I don't get. And we're talking £1500 a year, that's a massive holiday or something per year that they could save if they could be bothered to walk into their garden for a few months a year. They asked how to save the moeny, they just didn't want to make the effort.

Maybe one of them is incontinent? Or they have kids they didn't mention?

15 hours a day is a lot of drying.

A more reasonable suggestion would've been to spring for newer, more efficient dryer. Drying clothes outside simply isn't practical for most people.

Maybe one of them is incontinent? Or they have kids they didn't mention?

15 hours a day is a lot of drying.

A more reasonable suggestion would've been to spring for newer, more efficient dryer. Drying clothes outside simply isn't practical for most people.

No kids, their kids had left home. Maybe she was just an OCD housewife. There is no efficient way of drying clothes in a tumble dryer man, and everyone I've ever known has hung their clothes outside.

No kids, their kids had left home. Maybe she was just an OCD housewife. There is no efficient way of drying clothes in a tumble dryer man, and everyone I've ever known has hung their clothes outside.

I have to do one load of laundry per day, sometimes two.

Newish front-load dryer takes 30 minutes to dry clothes, the act of moving clothes to and from the dryer takes 5 minutes all together including stairs.

To hang clothes outside and take them back in would easily take me an hour.

That's an hour I don't have.

I have to do one load of laundry per day, sometimes two.

Newish front-load dryer takes 30 minutes to dry clothes, the act of moving clothes to and from the dryer takes 5 minutes all together including stairs.

To hang clothes outside and take them back in would easily take me an hour.

That's an hour I don't have.

Dude how big is your house??? Takes me 10 seconds to take my laundry our my washing machine and a couple minutes to hang up. Yeah hanging up outisde takes a little longer, but if someone said you could save $3000 a year if you spent 5 minutes extra a day doing it, would you?

nme, you live in an old house...have you updated the insulation, weather sealed the doors and windows, etc? you are wasting a crapload of energy if not