GAY Why are the male Republicans so interested in lady bits all of a sudden?

What's more ridiculous? Handing out condoms in school or thinking kids won't have sex if you don't hand out condoms?

The difference is, the kids will be too nervous to buy a condom so they'll have unprotected sex.
Exactly. Most of us have probably been there. :hs:

What's more ridiculous is treating all the kids as if they have no self control because there are a few that don't.

There are special ed kids in lots of classes. Guess what, the entire class isn't on that kids curriculum.
These kids that you say don't have self control will convince the kids that do or are uneducated about it. This is what causes babies to have babies. Educate and protect... why is this this so complicated?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Coqui
What's more ridiculous? Handing out condoms in school or thinking kids won't have sex if you don't hand out condoms?

The difference is, the kids will be too nervous to buy a condom so they'll have unprotected sex.
Exactly. Most of us have probably been there. :hs:

no. if they're too nervous as you say, that they can't say no to sex without a condom, why bother with the condom?

Since they're not mature enough to handle the situation anyway, why the fuck would you actually think a condom would make any difference? They're already not mature enough to say no to the sex.

It is possible for people to believe you shouldn't have sex before marriage and to teach your kids that and, shockingly, for them to actually not have sex before marriage.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
no. if they're too nervous as you say, that they can't say no to sex without a condom, why bother with the condom?

Since they're not mature enough to handle the situation anyway, why the fuck would you actually think a condom would make any difference? They're already not mature enough to say no to the sex.

No they're too nervous to buy the condom. Because people will label them as sluts if they buy one.

No they're too nervous to buy the condom. Because people will label them as sluts if they buy one.

lemmeguess, you think people will label them a Responsible slut if they have sex with a condom that's been handed out, and to you, that's a better label than just a plain slut? Of cours that's regardless if they have the maturity level to even comprehend what they're doing.

It is possible for people to believe you shouldn't have sex before marriage and to teach your kids that and, shockingly, for them to actually not have sex before marriage.

My parents tried that on me and are how well that turned out. :fly:

lemmeguess, you think people will label them a Responsible slut if they have sex with a condom that's been handed out, and to you, that's a better label than just a plain slut? Of cours that's regardless if they have the maturity level to even comprehend what they're doing.

No.

And I agree if they don't have the maturity to buy a condom they shouldn't be having sex.

George Snuffaluffagus (the ABC World News Tonight teleprompter reader/DNC hack) was the one during a Repuke debate who brought up the alleged hot topic of condoms. He pressed both Romney and Santorum on the issue. George Snuffaluffagus did this as a Demoncat strategy to get Obummer's poll numbers out of the basement with women.

jellyfish capitalist (ABC-Disney) was just something I wanted to include because of what happened to the poor guy who wrote A chink in the armor and the guy who used it on air. ABC-Disney-ESPN care more about protecting the profits from the Mouse then they do about doing what is right. A chink in the armor is a phrase that goes back to the Middle-Ages, long before any one from Europe saw anyone from Asia, let alone met them. Chink in this case means flaw, chip,weak spot, et al.

What's more ridiculous is treating all the kids as if they have no self control because there are a few that don't.

There are special ed kids in lots of classes. Guess what, the entire class isn't on that kids curriculum.

A few? The United States has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the industrialized world. The Center for Disease control says that one-third of girls get pregnant before the age of 20.

you said you wanted sex ed in schools here, fyi, they ARE handing out condoms.

as young as 5 The Provincetown Massachusetts School Committee has passed a new condom policy that will allow both its high school and ELEMENTARY school to pass out condoms to CHILDREN who request them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1werLZ0r8U

You take your daughter to a class outside of the school day and have someone else teach them all the things you're unable to teach her. I'm doing a fine job with mine.

Just so we have this correct, you're advocating a conversation with your daughter along these lines, "I know you're not mature enough to grasp the significance of sex shared between two people, it's outcomes like rape, STD's, I'll tell you what those letters stand for in a sec honey, having children, rumours at school, guys, etc., but let me tell you all about it anyway and how you can do it. We'll talk about Threesomes and Moresomes later!"

Sounds to me like your daughter isn't going to learn the meaning of the word 'No.'

And later, you make a really great case that you don't have the ability to do it anyway.

actually, you are.

I don't care how you raise your child and didn't suggest abstinence only or any other education. If you think you can't do the job, take your daughter to a class outside of the public school where you think someone can do the job.

LOL. We don't need a class during the public schoolday because you don't have the ability to teach your child about sex. I do love that you think because you can't do it, neither can anyone else.

Like mother like daughter like grandaughter?

Along these lines, why don't you let someone else raise your child so you don't have to take a crash course in it?

You make a great case why you should have someone else raise your child. For me, I have a great working knowledge, and the resources to go to if I decide I'd like their input. Family, Friends, Physicians, Educators, Congressmen, etc. Even Teachers. If I decide I'd like their input

Children should not be teaching children about sex.

I like to call us Involved Family-Oriented Parents.

Because that's backwards. "Mommy, Mommy, the public school taught us morals and values today. Did you want to add anything?"

And like a circle, you end up right back with your liberal view: You think you have better guidance for my child than I do.

What was it the women were just saying about me staying out of their body?

Please do not ever attempt to insult the memory of my mother or grandmother again. That was a cheap shot and a lame one at that. I certainly hope that my daughter grows up to just like my mother or grandmother. They were both incredible women. Incidentally they were both virgins when they married and my grandmother was 26 when she had her first child. My mother was 30 when she had her first child. I just had my first child and I am 36 years old and I was married for 9 years when I had her. I'm not sure how any of that sets a bad example. You are an asshole for even suggesting that my family was less than amazing. They were some of the greatest people I have ever known.

And so that we are clear, yes I will tell my child anything and everything she wants to know about sex. I will tell her that she should wait until she knows she is ready and that it should be with someone who treats her with all the love and respect she deserves. I will tell her all about contraception and STDs and give her correct information when she asks about rumors she heard in the bathroom. Of course I will have to wait until she's a little older than 5 months old, but really if she's old enough to ask the questions she's old enough to get some answer in language that she can understand. We can get more detailed the older she gets. I'd rather have her find out from me than some teenage boy or some teenage girl with half information. I'd rather her not hear from her peers that blowjobs are okay because you can't get pregnant from them and they aren't real sex. This is the kind of thing kids are talking about these days. If her peers were more educated on the topic I'd be a lot happier. I think peer learning could be a great tool in a lot of areas. However, since there are people like you that just make blanket statements like "Children should not be teaching children about sex." like it is fact and not opinion we have children who are full of misinformation spreading more misinformation instead of informed children spreading good information. It's terrifying to think she could come home with herpes (no offense April) or something worse because she didn't know how to protect herself and she heard from friends that it was okay because they didn't know any better. If you really think you are doing okay with your child that's great, but I don't see how it would be hurting you to have sex education in schools. If you don't want your child to participate, opt out, but don't tell me you believe all parents are choosing the same good practices you are because you are wrong. I'm not asking anyone to teach morals and values in schools. I'm not suggesting that is appropriate. I'm suggesting kids should know about contraception and sex and STD's and not all parents are going to teach this. I'm personally going to talk to my child regardless of whether or not the school does. Not everyone does this though.

Also, if you are suggesting I'm a bad parent and I should just give up now, fuck off. I'm a great mom and I will continue to be. I'm incredibly family oriented and I have revolved my life around my beautiful little girl. I do know how to say no, and I'm sure she will learn this word just fine. I'll be clear on boundaries and what I believe. Just because my views are more liberal than yours does not make me a bad person. Until today and until the insults, I didn't think of you as a bad person. Now I believe that if you aren't a complete idiot you are at least judgmental, horrible, and you speak of dead religious conservative women with a great amount of disrespect. Shame on you.

I believe it is possible, just not likely. I'm not even sure if it is a belief I agree with, but I don't think everyone has to agree with me. I'm okay with people waiting to have sex. I'm okay with people not waiting to have sex. I don't think it is up to someone else to judge anyone else for whatever they choose. Not everyone believes it is wrong to have sex before marriage. Not everyone believes they have to get married at all. Do we judge the women (and sometimes even men) who don't find someone they want to be with all the time but want to have children anyway so they do? I don't. I say if someone is being responsible let them do as they will.